Thread: Pregnancy with partnership based temporary visa

Question Pregnancy with partnership based temporary visa

Hi! I have applied but immi don't give me a response about it. I suppose will obtain it. I have an interim visa at the moment. My question is: what if I get pregnant (with my current visa or with another one)? My partner is NZer. what about my visa? What about New Zealand's Health Services? May I go to the hospital for free? I want a programmed cesarean. May I asking it to my doctor? If I want come back to my country to birth the baby: will my baby a kiwi? will I have to do any paperwork? May I come back to NZ with my baby if I have another partner visa?
    Thank you for your help and sorry for my english, I did my best

for health eligibility criteria, including maternity care , see http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...ealth-services

Within NZ you would be covered for maternity care and care for the baby, who would be born a NZ citizen. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...nancy-services

Having the baby would have no effect on NZ granting, or not granting, you a visa.

If the baby were born overseas and acknowledged by its NZ citizen father, it might have a claim to NZ citizenship http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...8?OpenDocument, but of course there would be evidence required. If the baby were granted NZ citizenship, it would have the right to free entry to NZ, but, again, it would have no effect on your own visa situation.

Thank you for read me! Today I received the visitor visa, but it's just for six months What do you think? if I get pregnant: will immi approve another visa for me?
    I am hurry because my age... unfortunately I can't waste more time. JandM If you have right about the birth the baby overseas, I need have him here. I don't want wait who knows how much time to stay and living again with my partner. my idea was borned the baby, come back about few weeks and live together as family...... We want live here with the baby, and we hope to find a way to do it.
    I accept suggestions!!
    Thank you!!

Congratulations on getting the partner-sponsored visitor's visa.

That is a good step in the right direction, because it shows that INZ have accepted that you and your partner have a genuine live-in relationship. Now you have the right to live in NZ with him and gather evidence for all the time you are still spending together. Gather a lot of evidence, more and more things for every week that passes. (https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof Old threads to help with more ideas.) You had evidence before, to apply for this visa you have now. Add more proof on to that old evidence. When you have about three months, they will take it seriously to give you a partner-sponsored temporary work visa. (You don't have to work, but if you want to, you can take any job you are offered, and it doesn't have to be a skilled one.) When you have 12 months all added up, you can apply for partner-sponsored Residence.

I understand what you say about wanting to start your family as soon as possible. That will not make INZ either more likely, or less likely, to grant your next visas. The visas all depend on evidence that you are living with your partner. I think you are right that it is safer for getting your visas if you stay in NZ. There is also the advantage that your child will definitely be born a NZer, without any difficult paperwork.

Maybe a relative or friend could come and stay with you in NZ around the time of the birth, if you are thinking you would like to have a familiar person to support you at that time. I stayed in NZ as a visitor at the time my grandson was born.

Thank you! I'm very happy! and thank you for your attention. Sometimes I get confused because I read a lot on the web. I found that page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...yentryfaqs.htm and thought immi couldn't give a visa if I get pregnant... Is so great to know that I was wrong!
    I will follow your advices, and I hope don't need bother you anymore,haha (but I really doubt it)
    Thank you for your help and for the service that you give to all enz community!
    A big hug! God bless you!

Good luck with everything.

(Actually, that page you found is saying that people who are pregnant CAN now be given a visa, so it had you worried for nothing. And as I said above, you will get maternity care and care for the baby for free, in your particular circumstances as the partner of a NZ citizen and since the baby will be born a NZer.)