Thread: Ict technician help

Default Ict technician help

Hay there
    My friend applied visa from a computer repair centre under the position of ICT TECHNICIAN he did DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (BUSSINESS IT) level -7.
    But his visa got declined CO said his study not relevent with job. But i saw many cases with same studies and same job got their visa. We are totaly confused. Can any one have any advise for us. We already applied for reconsidration. Any thing else we can do. Plz advice of possible.

Relevance here takes into account the specific papers during his studies AND the specific job descriptions.
    It's not just on the name. A Diploma in Business IT doesn't warranty a work visa for any job that contains "ICT" on its name.
    If your friend's job is mainly computer reparation (physical repair) without any connection to his studies, they won't be considered relevant.
    It's best to figure out the major of studies (software? hardware? security? network? etc) and make the job descriptions as close as possible.

While I'd normally suggest that INZ take a quite broad view of what is relevant I'm inclined to agree that a Diploma in IT might not be relevant to an ICT technicians role, unless you could show there was a practical component to the qualification, and in computer repair (hardware)