Thread: proof of shared residence for partner resident visa

Default proof of shared residence for partner resident visa

Hi all, its my first time posting here. I'm a NZ citizen, my wife is from China. Long story short she was introduced to me end of Jan 2014 via Internet by a good friend of mine, we talked online and met in June, I visited her for three weeks in China, came back to NZ and helped her apply for a 9 month visitor visa. She arrived end of Nov 2014. Around Feb 2015 she got a work visa for one year, I supported both visa's as a partner. We got married 21st Feb 2015. Now we are applying for her residency, plus extending the work visa for a further year as the resident visa will take upto 6 months to process, the current work visa expires in Feb 2016.

My question and reason for this post:
    proof of shared residence (such as joint mortgage or tenancy agreements or rent book) as per the Immigration NZ Website. We don't currently have any of this as I own the house and it is registered is my name, the mortgage is also in my name. Are we ok to leave this out this evidence or will it be required?

They can't have what you haven't got, for good and legitimate reasons! As long as you explain, and you have plenty of other proof of her continued presence in your home, it should be fine. Here are https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof old threads about partnership proof to give you more ideas.