Thread: English language requirements for Skilled Migrant Category

Post English language requirements for Skilled Migrant Category

Hi,

I am new to this , And I want to apply for Skilled Migrant Category under software Engineer category.

My Qualification is B.E in Computer Engineering from India.and having 10 years of experience as software Engineer .
    My query is related to English language requirements :
    I don't want to appear for IELTS, and as per http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...apply/english/

However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
    1)have a recognized qualification from a course taught entirely in English
    2)have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
    3)have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.

so my final query is Do I need to satisfy all above 3 points or any one out of 3 can be used to prove it.As i don't have ongoing skill employment or offer from New Zealand.
    and will I be able to get bonus point for Work experience in a future growth area and Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage ?

please let me know.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm are the detailed requirements. As you will see, satisfying one of the criteria in full is enough.

will I be able to get bonus point for Work experience in a future growth area and Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage ?
    Nobody can get bonus points under BOTH those headings. Someone with no skilled job or offer in NZ can get bonus points for qualification and work experience (if they qualify under LTSSL) for AASS, whereas someone with a NZ job or offer will get their bonus points under FGA.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm It will probably help to look here - these are all the detailed requirements. SM 6 shows all points available, and the other sections tell you exactly what you need in order to claim the points under different headings.

Hi NewzealandGuy,

For the english language requirements you and your partner (if you add her in your application for points) must either
    1) Produce an IELTS score/certificate
    2) Get a proof/certificate from your last studied college that you education is completely taught in English and also make sure your SSC and Intermediate are also having the medium as English in certificates

I have submitted my documents using option 2 for me and my spouse and they have accepted it

Now regarding the Bonus points for growth area and absolute skill shortage w.r.t work experience. As JandM mentioned your qualification and the work experience which you posses should be an exact match from the LTSS List

Sandeep