Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem in Claiming point for Educational qualification.

Default Problem in Claiming point for Educational qualification.

Hello every one,

I have completed my Bachelor of Technology (Electrical and Electronics) from Narayana Engineering College(college of study) affiliated to JNTU Anantapur,India during 2006-2010.

Till the year 2008 my college where i did my Bachelor of Technology (Electrical and Electronics) was affiliated to JNTU Hyderabad,India.The split happened during 2008,my college affiliation got changed from JNTU Hyderabad,India to JNTU Anantapur,India.

I have done my IQA and the out come of NZQA IQA is "A bachelor's degree at Level 7".

Explanation of the assessment outcome :-

Your Bachelor of Technology from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University University has been compared to a bachelor's degree at Level 7 in New Zealand.
    New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Engineering Technology degrees are accredited by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) and lead to professional registration in New Zealand. IPENZ represent New Zealand as signatories of the Washington and Sydney Accords.
    As your qualification is not a Washington or Sydney Accord accredited qualification, a comparison to a specific
    New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree is more appropriately made by IPENZ,
    alongside the other occupational competencies they may require in order for them to consider if your qualification meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist in New Zealand.

As result of this i have lost the points i have claimed and my application has been moved to the pool. A Same degree from JNTU Hyderabad has been considered for points.

Can any one please suggest on how to proceed with this.

Is there any thing i can do about this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If your bachelor/master degree is not signatory to Washington accord, you need to do IPENZ if you have received generic outcome in IQA. You can contact the below person for IPENZ assessment.
    Michele Boniface - Membership Administrator
    IPENZ
    Ground Floor, Engineers New Zealand
    158 The Terrace
    PO Box 12241, Wellington
    DDI: +64 4 474 8948
    Fax: +64 4 474 8933
    Email: mboniface@ipenz.org.nz
    Representing Engineering Professionals in New Zealand
    www.ipenz.org.nz

She will advise you whether you need to do KA01 or KA02 assessment.

If you go ahead and get what you need from IPENZ, INZ will reinstate your points, then your case will be moved back to being processed once more.

Quote Originally Posted by vitajaj View Post
    If your bachelor/master degree is not signatory to Washington accord, you need to do IPENZ if you have received generic outcome in IQA. You can contact the below person for IPENZ assessment.
    Michele Boniface - Membership Administrator
    IPENZ
    Ground Floor, Engineers New Zealand
    158 The Terrace
    PO Box 12241, Wellington
    DDI: +64 4 474 8948
    Fax: +64 4 474 8933
    Email: mboniface@ipenz.org.nz
    Representing Engineering Professionals in New Zealand
    www.ipenz.org.nz

She will advise you whether you need to do KA01 or KA02 assessment.
    Thanks alot for the quick reply.
    I have done my b.tech in Electrical and Electronics but my entire work experience of 5 years is in to IT.Do i still have to go for IPENZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you go ahead and get what you need from IPENZ, INZ will reinstate your points, then your case will be moved back to being processed once more.
    Thank you JandM. Will completely look into options and will update my status.

If your work experience is not related to your field of study, I am not sure how IPENZ will process your application.
    Lets wait for JandM's advice..

Quote Originally Posted by vitajaj View Post
    If your work experience is not related to your field of study, I am not sure how IPENZ will process your application.
    Lets wait for JandM's advice..
    Hi JandM,

Could please provide you thought on this. Eagerly waiting for you inputs.

Electrical and Electronic Engineering is related to, and part of, IT, surely? This is what I was talking about in your original thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post528573. IPENZ deal with all aspects of engineering, so they will give you full credit if they can.

Any one who was in similar situation and had a solution for this kindly guide me with next steps,I mean ipenz. Would it be worthy for me to go to ipenz.

You need to email Michele Boniface and tell your status. She's the best person to advice you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast