Thread: Post-residence sticker matters

Default Post-residence sticker matters

Thanks to all on the forum, especially JandM, for all their sage advice during the visa process. Last week, we just received our Residence Visas via SMC with a job offer, which was a generally straightforward and easy process. We were able to pick up the Residence visas while in Europe on holiday as we had applied in London before we left for NZ.

My question is this: it seems that after the issue of our Residence visas last week, my wife is now pregnant We have been living in NZ on WTR visas the past few months and are visiting relatives outside of NZ for the holidays, returning back to NZ in a couple of weeks. Do we need to alert the CO of this development? Will this have any bearing on our Residence visas safely nestled in our passports?

Congratulations! - and I hope your wife is well and happy.

The pregnancy doesn't have any effect on your Residence, no. All the proofs and evidence are behind you, and that Residence is YOURS.

The fact of your being residents will mean that 1) the guys at immigration at the airport will probably say, 'Welcome home,' which is a nice thing they usually do for a new residence sticker, and 2) your small person will be born in NZ a NZ citizen.

Thanks - my question was because it does say on the letter you get with the residence visas to notify INZ if the health status of the applicant(s) change, but I guess that this isn't a relevant health issue per se. And I suppose this is different than getting pregnant while waiting for the visa itself.

No, pregnancy isn't regarded as ill-health any more.