Thread: Response after the interview

Default Response after the interview

Dear All Friends

I have completed the interview with my case officer on 9th of December and till now there is no response. I am really worried.
    my question is will they reply during the festive season. or usually they close.

what could be the expected date? I am really worried. my case officer did not show any signs wether everything is ok or not.
    Now I don't know will I get residence or rejected.

SMC

EOI December 2014.
    ITA 17th January 2015
    Apply for SMC 17 April 2015
    transferee of application to wellington Branch (IPB) May 2015
    Case officer changed in August.
    Interview in December.

Hi,

Case Officers will not show any emotions or give response to questions like "is my residence approved"?
    They will only ask questions and record our responses (my case officer typed every word which I spoke over phone).

I am not sure about the vacation or working over the festive season but CO may not immediately approve or reject the application.

Whatever the cases I heard, CO will pass on to second person check and then there will be an outcome on your case.

So please be patient and enjoy your holidays.

Regards,
    Raju

Thank you for your reply
    It is really stressful

Raju is quite right. After the CO has looked over what you said in your interview, s/he will know quite soon what outcome she wants to recommend for you, but she is not allowed to let you know yet. Every case is passed to another official for second-person checking, looking for any mistakes that might have been made, and to guard against the possibility of corruption, so no outcome will be told to you until after that check has happened. There can often be a waiting time for second-person checking, and how long it will be is unpredictable, since it depends on how many cases have been processed just before yours. We have seen anything between a few HOURS and a few MONTHS, with most cases being somewhere in the middle - a few weeks.

There is nothing to be any MORE worried about now than there was before you did your interview. Try to relax and accept that you still have to wait some more, and pass the time by thinking about real-life things around you, not just INZ.

Thank you all and merry Christmas and happy new year