Thread: EOI points

Default EOI points

Does it make any difference if you have 140 points or 240 points to be successful for PR? say you can prove in any case.

thanks,

You can have as many EOI points you want. End of the day, you will have to provide evidence to INZ about those points you have claimed in your EOI

Someone with 240 points wouldn't have any advantage in getting their EOI selected over someone with 140, if that is what you are wondering. As long as the EOI shows at least 140 points, it will get selected at the next fortnightly draw. And the points - that you're justified in claiming the minimum number - ONLY matter for selection.

So, as you have to prove everything you claim (in other words more documentations), wouldn't it be good idea to keep as close to 140 as possible instead of higher end, then? I am concluding this because JandM said no benefits of having too much points and ravi1414 said you will have to provide the proof for points you claiming.

Second question which comes to my mind is about experience. Say I have a current job in NZ and if I have lot of experience say (6 to 10 years) from my home country then my guess is immigration will be expecting my pay in higher ranges and they might object if I am getting a pay which average or below average in NZ labour market. Would it be okay to not claim the points for all work experience and only claim points for bare minimums. Of course I've to show all work periods anyway as this is required.

thanks for the replies.

Your first paragraph - yes, that makes sense.

Your second paragraph - be careful. It has been known, if there were unexplained gaps in someone's work record (when they're maybe in their forties, and must have been doing SOMETHING since they finished university), for INZ to start suspecting they've been working illegally, or even maybe been in jail! So if you're mentioning all your work places, you have to give evidence for them anyway.