Thread: Residency (expat partner) - 2nd person check London how long?

Question Residency (expat partner) - 2nd person check London how long?

Hi,
    After the acknowledgment of my application I heard nothing from my CO (London branch).
    Then one day I received an e-mail informing me that the CO have completed an assessment on the application. The file is currently awaiting a mandatory second person check and COs support team will contact me once the application is decided.
    Not sure if its a good or bad sign and what is your experience in terms of timelines?
    Thanks!

I am in the exact same position and my partner is also an expat.
    INZ London will be closed until the 4th January so we will have to wait until then.
    No one could tell you how long the 2PC will take but from having a look through other peoples timeline on here 1-2 weeks is usually the time it takes for partnership residence
    Merry xmas

And it is probably a very good sign if there was no contact it means the CO had everything he/she needed to make a decision on your case.
    Would you share your timeline?
    Last edited by ice; 25th December 2015 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks Ice for your replay.

My timeline:
    30.10.2015 : lodged application in London
    02.11.2015 : London Branch received my application
    02.11.2015 : I got an automated e-mail stating that it would take 10-12 weeks to finalize my application
    11.12.2015 : E-mail from CO - first contact ever, informing me, that CO has finalised the application and the file is currently awaiting a mandatory second person check.

I have not received my documents back though.

All should be fine, I and my husband have been together for 10 years, I am in good health with no criminal record, however the waiting is just killing me and patience has never been my strongest side.

I still have not heard anything since the e-mail that the application is passed to second CO. Is it wise to contact them or better to wait?
    10 weeks has passed now.

Well I am pleased to say that my permanent resident visa has been approved in principle.
    Just got the e-mail.

hi elsa ! i am also waiting for 2PC to be finished but I personally would not contact the CO . they were all on christmas break so there is going to be a backlog probably also my CO told me its the busiest time of the year ... Its your choice to contact but I think it would not help your case to be processed quicker thats what I think . Your visa will come through its just a waiting game

Hahaha there you go ! beat me to it ! congratulatuons ! good luck with your partner in. nz !

So happy! Thanks Ice for your support, and hope your visa comes soon too! Now I need to find out how to pay the Migrant levy.

There have been some changes in the fee structure - you may not have a migrant levy to pay. Anyway, you should soon get a detailed email, or a package through the post, with instructions about what to do, if you do have to pay it, and where to send your passport for the visa label.