Thread: job offer and residensy

Default job offer and residensy

For example, I've been working in New Zealand for some years. In 6 month I will have a new job. Can I get a job offer for residency before start working or I must have employment. What will you say?

If you have a skilled job in NZ, or the offer of a skilled job in NZ, and you meet all the other requirements http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ant/caniapply/, you can start an application for Residence under SMC by putting in your EOI. Even if everything is in order with your paperwork, it will probably take months before the Residence comes through, though, so you will quite likely need to get new work visa or a change of conditions to let you start the new job.

I suppose you are on a work visa of some sort now - you have to be legally living and working to be allowed to apply for any visa when you are already in NZ.

Thank you.
    Could you tell me please if offer should be signed by me?

Do you mean, signed to say you accept the job offer?

Yes, I mean that).
    and I try to understand all details. I want to have right job offer. Unfortunately I don't remember what way was to accept my first job offer.
    I read immigration site. I must attach job offer letter and job description. Is it right?
    Last edited by Land; 26th December 2015 at 10:52 AM.