Thread: How can I get residency?

Default How can I get residency?

My daughter has residency and I am hoping to come and live here. I am 62 and English. I have read about the tough financial requirements for people wanting to retire here and I cannot meet those demands.

I am hoping I can come here once I am 65 and even do part time work. My daughter and partner run a dairy farm so could they sponsor me?

I can afford a cash buy house and have at least £100000 to bank and use my UK pension so I know I can afford to live here, I just need to find a way.

Hope someone can give me some guidance. I love this country and love to live here and be near my daughter

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milycategories

Welcome.
    Try the link above/ My MIL has just been approved for Residency after my husband sponsored her. Applied last December and approved about 1 year later. Cost 2200 NZ Dollars and MIL paid cost of her birth certificate and medicals in the UK. She was asked to go for additional testing for medicals. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you I will check it out. I have met some English who moved here as they had family here (I am visiting my daughter in nz ATM), and they say it us easy

Is it possible to talk direct to a new Zealand immigration official to discuss individual situations?

well not really , you can however contact a licensed immigration adviser there is a few on this forum and actually one is based in the uk , her name is Karen Phillips and she will be able to tell you exactly what you can do and what sort of requirements you have to fulfill also help you through the process if thats what you want.
    http://www.workstudylivenewzealand.co.uk/about-us/
    good luck

Thank you that is very helpful. I feel at home here and would love to live near my daughter