Thread: Qualification not related

Default Qualification not related

Hello,

I just finished my Hotel Management (lvl7) Course. I am currently working as a baker right now. My question is, am I allowed to get a work visa as a baker even though I do not have the qualification? If given so, can am I still eligible for another work visa?

What experience as a baker do you have?

thanks for the reply,

Back in my country I finished a Bachelor in Hospitality and Restaurant Management course. Actually it was my first time to work as a baker, i have an experience having an on-the-job training as a baker assistant, but it is only in a few weeks.

Then you would not be "suitably qualified or experienced" for an essential skills visa. You may be able to use your graduate "job search visa" , but probably not a graduate work visa since employment as a baker is not likely to be relevant.

Thank you for your reply. I have another question. Since I finished a lvl 7 Diploma in Hotel Management, I am planning to study a 1 year Pastry course lvl 4 in the near future. Is there a possibility to be granted for another student visa?

Is possible if you have an offer of a place and have paid the fees and have a good record from your previous course. Why are you pursuing a hotel management career?

Taking up a hotel management course was a mistake, it is what my agency offered me which they did not fully explain what will happen after finishing the course. I just realize that that there are more opportunities in taking up a culinary/pastry course.This time I am finally planning to pursue a culinary/Patisserie career. Thanks to your help Chris.