Thread: NZQA Please help me, very confused about the results

Question NZQA Please help me, very confused about the results

Dears,

I have applied for PAR to NZQA and I got level 6 for my bachelor degree and level 9 for my master degree.

Are my points based on level 9 or 6?

both of the degrees are in civil engineering science.

Shall I apply for IQA or what should I do?

Please I am looking for advice.

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to apply for SMC definitely, it's always better to go with IQA as you will need it while applying.

You can claim points based on your Masters qualification which will be higher than your bachelor qualification points but you also need to check if your civil engineering and your masters/bachelors education is part of LTSS, list if you want to claim points for Absolute skill shortage points.

Sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeepthi View Post
    Hi,

If you want to apply for SMC definitely, it's always better to go with IQA as you will need it while applying.

You can claim points based on your Masters qualification which will be higher than your bachelor qualification points but you also need to check if your civil engineering and your masters/bachelors education is part of LTSS, list if you want to claim points for Absolute skill shortage points.

Sandeep
    Thanks Sandeep,

will the IQA be different that the PAR assessment?

Regards?

will the IQA be different that the PAR assessment?
    It could be. PAR is just done based on the name of the qualification(s) as entered by you on the form, whereas IQA looks in detail at the content of your course - what subjects were studied, to what depth, and for how long. They then state what NZ education Level the degree is, and they also state to what current NZ degree it is comparable, if there is one. This last point is very important for LTSSL purposes, because the list of required qualifications given is the NZ ones to one of which yours MUST be comparable in order to get bonus points for qualification and work experience for Area of Absolute Skill Shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It could be. PAR is just done based on the name of the qualification(s) as entered by you on the form, whereas IQA looks in detail at the content of your course - what subjects were studied, to what depth, and for how long. They then state what NZ education Level the degree is, and they also state to what current NZ degree it is comparable, if there is one. This last point is very important for LTSSL purposes, because the list of required qualifications given is the NZ ones to one of which yours MUST be comparable in order to get bonus points for qualification and work experience for Area of Absolute Skill Shortage.
    I really appreciate your detailed reply.

thanks a lot