Thread: Some clarifications before submitting my EOI

Smile Some clarifications before submitting my EOI

Hi everyone,
    Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone will have a good start...

I am planning to apply under SMC and submit my EOI around early March this year. I have the following points and would like to get your feedback/opinion on the following questions I have:

Skilled Employment: 60 (working in a skilled job (ICT Business Analyst) in NZ for more than 12 months - after 23 Mar 2016)
    Work Experience: 15 (ICT Business Analyst: 4 yrs in SG, 1 yr in NZ by 23 Mar 2016)
    Recognized Qualification: 50 (BS Physics - University of the Philippines --> Exempted from Assessment)
    Bonus pts for work exp in NZ: 5 (1 yr in NZ by 23 Mar 2016)

Questions / Assumptions:
    1. Is my tabulation of points correct?
    2. Can I submit my EOI prior to 23 March and still claim for those points provided by 1 yr exp work in NZ = 15 points
    -- I assumed I can because in case I get selected and received the ITA, I will only send the required documents after 23 March, and by then, I already fulfilled the requirement of 1 year anyway.
    3. Can I still get the 50 points for qualification even though my degree doesn't relate to my skilled employment?
    -- Based from the previous posts I saw here, I assumed I can. --> http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19064
    4. Based from my understanding, my job is considered skilled and I can claim for the points even though my qualification is not related to it provided that I already have 5 years related work exp. Am I correct?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ledemployment/

Occupations in Part A
    If your occupation is listed at Part A of Appendix 6: List of Skilled Occupations, you must also have one of the following:
    a relevant recognised qualification – the qualification must be at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) that corresponds to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the ANZSCO
    the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    the relevant requirements specified in column three of the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    full or provisional registration for your occupation (if your occupation requires New Zealand registration by law to be undertaken)
    five years of relevant work experience in a Skill Level One occupation.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks so much in advance

A very basic hitch here - you absolutely cannot submit an application in advance of fulfilling any of the criteria (such as, in your case, having completed the full year of work experience). INZ don't accept any evidence of any kind on the assumption that it is about to happen, since, after all, things beyond an applicant's control can happen to prevent even the firmest of intentions to e.g. complete a degree course, continue to work at the same company, etc.. The first thing that happens to an EOI when it arrives at INZ is that is is given a preliminary look through by clerks, just to check that, on the basis of what the candidate states on the form, they APPEAR to satisfy the criteria for claiming the points they do - this is a quite separate process from looking at any actual evidence that what the person is saying is true. So your EOI, submitted short of a certain amount of work experience, would be immediately rejected.