Thread: Recommended Removal Company Germany > New Zealand

Question Recommended Removal Company Germany > New Zealand

Hi All,

after being a vivid reader of ENZ and recently receiving an approved residence visa, I am researching removal companies from Germany to New Zealand.

There are quite a few recommendations on this board for UK and Ireland based movals but most of these companies do not service Germany (with the exception of Crown and Allied Pickfords which I have found here).

Are there any recommendations or personal experiences here starting from Germany?

Thanks!

Hello.

I don't remember hearing anything being mentioned before about removal firms which operate from Germany. So if anybody out there can give some new information, please go ahead.

I can't remember the name of the company that organised our move about 11 years ago..., I searched for rmeoval companies and then approached them to find out if they could do international removal.

Not very helpful, I am afraid!

Just for future reference (should somebody face a similar move), I'd like to share my experiences with the move Germany (Hamburg) to NZ (Auckland):

Company
    We chose Brauns International for our move, who are DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and a FIDI member.

They billed us 2.598,00 EUR for 5 cbm door to door including packaging, excluding insurance. This was a medium range quote by comparison.

Pickup
    They arrived 2 hours late due to traffic without prior notice. We had to phone their HQ to receive a new ETA. Once there, two employees professionally packaged our 5 cbm, documented everything meticulously and stored the load in a well maintained Mercedes Sprinter. The entire procedure took less than 30 minutes and left a great impression, including hand-over of all relevant documentation.

Transfer
    Our load is to be shipped via Hapag Lloyd within a timeframe of 38 days, all customs clearance is to be organized by the moval company. To be continued.

Delivery
    Our load is to be delivered by NZ Van Lines. To be continued.
    Last edited by bash.sh; 12th February 2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Added FIDI reference.