Thread: Difference between work visa and work to residence visa?

Default Difference between work visa and work to residence visa?

Hi all,
    After years of hard work I have finally been offered the job of my dreams which will allow me to eventually apply for residency (I've been offered a base salary of $45K). I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions.

1. I am currently living in Palmerston North on a work visa but my new job offer is in Wellington. Do I need to send my docs off to the Wellington branch or the P/nth branch?

2. What is the difference between a work visa and a work to residence visa? Also should I be applying for the work to residence or does immigration do that automatically when they see I fit the requirements?

3. Can I apply for this online (E-visa) or would it be better to send a paper copy with my passport? Because my new employers head office is in Auckland and they have an immigration team that deals with all the paperwork.

Thank you in advance and I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year.

Apply online or send the application to Wellington Branch.

Even if your employer is Accredited, you need a base salary of 55K to apply under work to residence

Your employer can't give you advice, but can supply you with the necessary documents.