Thread: Parternship While Waiting on Skilled Migrant

Default Parternship While Waiting on Skilled Migrant

Hi,

My situation is as follows.
    Currently hold a 23 month WHV expiring in November 2016 and Eligible to work upon until June 2016.
    Currently in skilled work on a temporary contract.
    Have been offered full time employment with current employee if i can obtain a visa.

Intend to apply for a skilled migrant visa but am aware of the possible long wait time.
    Is it possible to apply for a partnership based visa , while I have submitted documentation for the Skilled Migrant visa?

We have lived together since April last year, although with breaks of 2.5 and 1.5 months as i had to return home to care for an Ill family member (later returned for funeral , sorting of estate etc.)
    My proof is sketchy at best for a large period of last year as we had an informal sub letting agreement with the main rentee of the property. After that we spent time travelling together and now have solid proof of joint address/bank accounts etc. starting early December.

Advice appreciated.

There is nothing against your having two applications for different visas in at the same time.

There isn't any specified time mentioned in the regulations for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm, but what has happened with other people's applications shows that INZ tend to take application seriously that have about three months' evidence. See here for old threads about evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof That will give you the time to get 12 months' evidence and go for partner-sponsored residence in due course. Both these visas are open visas - that is, they entitle you to take any job offered, without having to go through the vetting of your qualifications and work experience. You probably won't actually need to put in an application under SMC.

My Partner is taking a vacation away for several weeks so i will most likely look to apply after she returns (Passport required) are holidays of a short period frowned upon or are they more concerned with longer periods apart (months + )?

If it is obvious in your evidence that there are separation(s) of several weeks, for no compelling reason such as work or study commitments, during the time when you are trying to demonstrate that you are living together, then it will not look good to INZ. Remember that partner-sponsored visas, being the ones with only one category of required evidence, are the ones most targeted by fraudsters using people paid to lie to get them a visa, which means that INZ scrutinize every application very carefully under the assumption that you COULD be liars. To get quick and easy processing of a visa, you need to have plenty of evidence of the presence of both of you in the same place, week by week.