Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partner Sponsored Work Visa - Likely to be declined :(

Default Partner Sponsored Work Visa - Likely to be declined :(

Hi guys

Looking for some advice as currently pulling my hair out over this!

I submitted an application for a partner sponsored work visa on 15/12. I recieved an email from immigration today saying they were not satisfied that my partner is eligible to sponsor.

My partner is Australian - The issue they have is that he has not established NZ as his primary place of residence. We have only been here a month, have set up bank accounts, mobile phones and my partner has a job offer which he will be starting once all the formalities are taken care of.

What more do they need? Apparently it would perhaps be accepted if we showed moving household affects here, but we do not have anything that needs moving. Why should that go against us?

Does anyone have experience in this. It seems that as weve only been here a month there is nothing that can convince them. To me that sounds unfair as there is no time requirement listed on the visa requirements.

Does anyone have experience/advice on this?

Thank you!

Flora

Have you sent them a copy of the contract for his new job? He could hardly do that from out of the country.

And has he made the necessary application to have a NZ PRV (rather than just being in the country as an Australian)? If not, he will come under the terms of F2.10 b, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46176.htm The way to get round that is noted here. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...dresidents.htm

Where are you living? Do you provide a rental agreement for a property?

Thanks for the replies guys - I mentioned sending the job offer but they said it would not help. He just has residence not PRV - looks like you cant apply for that until u have been resident here for a while.

Perhaps I was rather naive that it would be easy to do this with an Australian partner, as immigration seem very negative and suspicious of it.

Chris - we are living with family so no rental agreement as such

then send some sort of confirmatiuon that you are living with family.......also partner should apply for Residence visa, not talking about PRV.And, if partner has taken up employment, then,payslips, IRD info etc?
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 6th January 2016 at 02:05 PM.

Agree with ChrisMwn.
    If you plan to apply for a PRV, your resident visa must be endorsed with travel conditions to ensure that it does not expire when you leave New Zealand.
    From that second link I gave you above. Your partner can get a NZ resident visa just for the asking, and it needs to be ENDORSED WITH TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

Hi all

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your input - we got approved!

I wrote a statement to explain our situation and intentions, along with every scrap of evidence (no matter how small or seemingly insignificant ) related to the move and supplied it to them. A day later we were accepted! So happy.

Lesson learnt from this - Never assume that the person reading your application understands your intentions, always make things clear!

Thanks again, and good luck to all those on here still going through the process

Default Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Flora82 View Post
    Hi all

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your input - we got approved!

I wrote a statement to explain our situation and intentions, along with every scrap of evidence (no matter how small or seemingly insignificant ) related to the move and supplied it to them. A day later we were accepted! So happy.

Lesson learnt from this - Never assume that the person reading your application understands your intentions, always make things clear!

Thanks again, and good luck to all those on here still going through the process
    Dear All

Apologies if I have done this wrong. This is my first time to join a forum and I am not sure what to do.

First of all, congratulations Flora!

Anyway, my boyfriend and I arrived in New Zealand a few days ago. He has a work visa for a year and I came on a tourist visa for 6 months. I would obviously love to stay with him until his contract finishes in January next year. We do not intend to stay here longer than a year as we have ties in the United Kingdom.

I would be grateful if anyone can give us advice on which appropriate steps to take based on their personal experience or knowledge about this matter please.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast