Thread: Correcting the interview transcript from the CO

Default Correcting the interview transcript from the CO

Hi everyone, happy new year!

I need your advice. My partner and I just had our interview with our CO over the phone, and she has already sent us the transcript for our review. For some questions, she seems to have shortened our answer so some details of our response is missing. (The general idea is there, but the reasoning behind the answer for example was omitted.) Also, there are quite a bit of grammar and spelling errors.

1. Would it be advisable to modify the transcript to include our complete (detailed) answer (we recorded the conversation on our end), or would it be better to retain the shortened version from the CO?
    2. I'm afraid that if we correct most of the grammar and spelling, the CO will be offended. Should we go ahead with the corrections anyway?

Thanks so much in advance!

Good questions, I'd love to hear your advice on this.

Just to clarify though, we didn't record both sides of the conversation, only our answers. (I hope that's not illegal or anything?) We used the voice recorder function of my cellphone to record the sounds from our end, but immediately after the call started we had to get my cellphone as far away from the landline as possible because the signal of my cellphone was affecting the call.
    Last edited by katnisseverdeen; 6th January 2016 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Clarification

I'd like to see the LIAs' response to this. ChrisMwn? Karen Phillips?

I would not be too worried. If the CO had sent you a PPI letter and invited you to comment, then you should of course correct any factual errors. If it's a matter of spelling and grammar then I wouldn't bother. I don't think this is intended to be a full transcript of the interview, but rather notes recording the (general) answers given? It sounds like the general idea has been captured and more importantly the CO was satisfied that you are in a genuine relationship?

Thanks for the reply @ChrisMwn. Yeah I guess the CO was satisfied, she didn't ask anything about our relationship at all during our interview... by the way only I read your reply after we had already updated and sent the transcript back to our CO, wasn't sure what to do at the time so we just corrected all the grammar/spelling errors and added the details we thought were important but were left out in the transcript (for the reference of the other people who will be reviewing our application). It's been a couple of days and we haven't heard back from our CO if what we did was OK, will get back here if ever we get any kind of feedback.

Thanks again!

Hello-

May I ask who your CO is?
    I've also received the interview script from my CO. Most of my answers were shortened and a lot of details and examples are missing.
    I don't know whether I have to edit with all details or just general ideas are important.
    Do you get any feedback since you sent your edited version?

Hi @sayeeh I apologize for the late reply. So I guess this is a common issue?

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    May I ask who your CO is?
    Not sure if it would be prudent to disclose this info...

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    Do you get any feedback since you sent your edited version?
    No, unfortunately we never got any. If it makes any difference though, we got our results recently and the CO granted our application with an invitation to apply for a SMC Job Search Visa. (Was aiming for a residence visa, but this is still good news )

All the best in your application!
    Last edited by katnisseverdeen; 3rd February 2016 at 08:37 PM.

Hi katnisseverdeen,

May I know your timeline of your application? Thanks

My CO sent me the script a month after the interview and than another month passed by.....
    Total 2 months I've been waiting for. I think it can't be a good sign.
    Congratulation that you were granted JSV.