Thread: Doubts in EOI Points calculation.

Default Doubts in EOI Points calculation.

Hi Friends,

I have calculated my points using the link https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
    Here I found some strange things/bugs. We all know that we have different categories such as Qualification, experience, age and partner etc...

From website : Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant?
    1Q: To get partner points, does my partner must have IELTS score as 6.5 ??

When I select Yes for that then only I am getting points for my partner's education as she has level 7.

In partner category, the questions are as follows,
    Does your partner have a recognised qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) Yes /No
    Does your partner have a recognised qualification ? (level 3, 4, 5 or 6) Yes/No

If I select yes for only level (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) along with Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? as Yes,
    then I am getting only 20 points,

If I select yes for (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) and (level 3, 4, 5 or 6) along with Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? as Yes,
    then I am getting only 30 points,

2Q:With out level (level 3, 4, 5 or 6) education, how can we complete level (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) ??? Why the points are given like this ??

If any of you have clear idea about partner points calculation pls guide me.

My Details :
    Qualification : Mater of science (Ireland)
    exp : 4 yrs SAP ABAP consultant (software engineer).
    IELTS : 6.5

My wife's details:
    Qualification : BTECH
    EXP : 2 yrs (software engineer).

Kindly answer me.

Regards
    Jagadheeshwar

Hi Jagadheeshwar,

Good to know that you are trying to NZ. The points calculator doesn't have a bug but it's basically this way.

It would only calculate the highest education of your partner and not all her education levels similar to your levels.

So for your partner no matter what level of education she has from (7,8,9....) you would only get 20 points added to your tally of your points. In your case as she is B-Tech graduate she might be recognised as level 7 (If your university is in exempt list or else you need to get an IQA done by NZQA) So, she would get 20 points for her educations along with English Proficiency.

Regards
    Sandeep

I only suggested you with my experience & knowledge, there would be other members or consultants in the forum who can provide a better suggestion.

Hi Sandeepthi,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Does my partner must have IELTS 6.5 to get her educational qualification bonus points ?? (please answer if some one knows this correctly)

You are right, it is calculating the highest education, but it is correct only in case of Qualification Category.

Now please check in https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/ for "Partner" Category. (do manipulations only with partner category)
    at first select yes to (level 7 8 9) and check your score and then select Yes for both (level 7 8 9) and (level 3 to 6), ideally it should give the same points but you can see the difference of 10 points.

Please check the below page, in my case we claimed 20 points for my partner, what we obtained about her english is an evidence from her university that english was the medium of intsrucrion of her entire qualification.

That was enough for us and our Co did not ask for ielts. However, the co asked my wife in the interview about her english usage in our daily life.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm
    Last edited by bsohel; 7th January 2016 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks bhosel,

In my case I am principle applicant, With around 120 points.
    My wife has done B.Tech, she has completed her education through the medium of English.

In this case am I eligible for bonus 20 points for my wife's education ??

If yes so, then I am ready to launch my application....please guide me.

Yes Jagadheeshwar,

You can go on and submit your EOI if you can provide a certificate from her university w.r.t her course being taught entirely in English language (which is known as "Medium Certificate").

I provided the medium certificates for me and my wife (never attended IELTS) and we both work in IT industry. So we confidently provided them and our CO accepted them as we are still working in IT Industry.

All the best.

Sandeep

And there is no allocation of points for proficiency in English for the main applicant. That is simply regarded as essential for being able to function in NZ. If you aren't proficient in English, you can't get a visa.

I suggest that for accuracy in calculating points, rather than using the indicator on the INZ website, which can be misleading, you should look here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm SM6 has a chart with all possible points, and the other sections give the detailed requirements for claiming under each heading.

Thank you all for your valuable information and support

Hi Jagadheeshwar,

IQA level 7 to 10 for your partner will fetch you 20 points.