Thread: dual citizenship

Default dual citizenship

Hello,

I hold german and italian citizenship. However, I never had an italian passport.
    Now that I am filling out my EOI I`m asked to provide information about all citizenships held including passport details. I guess it`s a stupid question but here I go: do I need to get my italian passport prior to handing in the EOI? It will cost me 116Eur; money I`d rather save...

I suppose just concealing my second citizenship wouldn`t be too smart?

Thx for any replies
    Last edited by hansel; 7th January 2016 at 01:24 AM.

It would NOT be smart. If found out, even much later, it could count as fraud, and any NZ visa you had already got could be revoked.

Why not just say you don't have an Italian passport?

Yes I have dual citizenship too. You don't have to have a passport of every country you are a citizen of so you just put in what you have. Of course concealing would be fraud so when they ask what citizenships you hold you just write them all down and that would be the end of it. You just need one valid passport to apply for your visa.

Thank you for your answers.

On a sidenote: my wife just reminded me that I am neither 007 nor Jason Bourne so one Passport will do...

haha I felt like that a lot of times when I travel with my Kiwi partner ( 3 citizenships ) all together we have 5 passports ( 2 UK, 2 Germany , 1 NZ ) should see the look on peoples faces sometimes really funny !
    good luck with your visa
    Last edited by ice; 7th January 2016 at 04:20 AM.

when it comes to your application you will need to provide a police certificate from each country of citizenship and any country in which you have lived for more than 12 months in the last ten years. (unless you can clearly show that you have not been in a country of citizenship).

yes as above. my partner had to provide a police certificate for all countries of citizenship, although he hadnt lived in one of them. neglecting to provide this, thinking 'hey he didnt live there' held up our application by weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    haha I felt like that a lot of times when I travel with my Kiwi partner ( 3 citizenships ) all together we have 5 passports ( 2 UK, 2 Germany , 1 NZ ) should see the look on peoples faces sometimes really funny !
    We have travelled with 16: two adults @ two citizenships and passports each, 4 children @ 3 citizenships and passports each. We carry an extra bag with passports

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    We have travelled with 16: two adults @ two citizenships and passports each, 4 children @ 3 citizenships and passports each. We carry an extra bag with passports
    haha oh dear now that is a lot . i would strap that bag around my body so tightly thats like a small fortune you are carrying around there ! and all the hassle involved in re applying don't even want to think about it