Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guidelines on Acceptable Birth Certificates from India

Default Guidelines on Acceptable Birth Certificates from India

Hi guys,

This morning i received my ITA and and word doc. about Birth Certificates from India. My circumstances fall under 2. If your birth was not recorded with the Registrar of Births, you must submit

The column where it says "A statutory declaration or an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary which states your full name, date & place of birth and your parent’s full names", is the INZ talking about getting it from India or from any JP here in NZ ?

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

If you can get it from India, ask your parents / friends to go to Municipal Office and submit an application with required documents.
    It will not take more than 1-2 weeks. Then they can get attestation on a xerox copy and courier it to you.

Regarding swearing before JP in NZ, I am not sure. You can call Immigration and check with them.
    Or, if your CO sent the ITA, you can check with CO.

Check the related post: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40896

Regards,
    Raju

Thanks Raju.

Just called INZ and they advice that I can go to a JP or a Notary Public here and get this affidavit sorted.

Have you submitted a Birth Cert. or not? INZ requires Certs to have name,date and place matching rest of the docs.

My case is of the birth not recorded with the Registrar of Births so I will be submitting the following:

NABC, PAN card, School leaving certiifcate of Class 10th or 12th and the Affidavit from a JP or a notary here.

My husband also not have any birth record in india, so what we did we got a certified letter from the munciple, and we provided few more documents like his pan card, voter card, 10th certificate and it was ok

Hi Ravi,

It is much appreciated and of a great help if you could post the word doc you received from INZ. I'm in a similar situation. Do they ask for a 'Non Availability of BC' certificate from competent authority in India?

Thanks

Shanavas

Quote Originally Posted by navas_am View Post
    Hi Ravi,

It is much appreciated and of a great help if you could post the word doc you received from INZ. I'm in a similar situation. Do they ask for a 'Non Availability of BC' certificate from competent authority in India?

Thanks

Shanavas
    Hi Shanavas,

This is the BC doc every Indian passport holders gets when applying for the residency

A full birth certificate should include all of the following:

 Your name, date & place of birth; and
     The names of both your parents; and
     An annotation by the issuing office indicating that it is an extract from its official
    records*; and
     The seal of the issuing office (i.e. the Municipal authorities, the Local/District Office of
    the Registrar of Births and Deaths, or the village authorities)

*Note that birth certificates issued by the Indian High Commission are not acceptable for
    this purpose

If you are not able to provide a full birth certificate as per the details above,
    please select the option below that applies to you:

1. If your name was not included at the time your birth certificate was issued
    you must provide either:

a. Your birth certificate with your name endorsed on it now by paying a late fee
    to the Registrarís Office
    OR, if you are unable to have your name endorsed on the birth certificate now by paying
    a late fee:
    b. Your birth certificate without name
    c. A Permanent Account Number card or Voters Card or Indian drivers licence;
    AND
    d. A school leaving certificate or Class 10th or 12th passing certificate which
    includes your name, your date of birth and your fatherís name; AND
    e. A statutory declaration or an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary
    which states your full name, date & place of birth and your parentís full
    names

2. If your birth was not recorded with the Registrar of Births, you must submit:
    f. A ďNo Record of Birth RegistrationĒ letter from the relevant municipality or
    village authorities
    ; AND
    g. A Permanent Account Number card or Voters Card or Indian drivers licence;
    AND
    h. A school leaving certificate or Class 10th or 12th passing certificate which
    includes your name, your date of birth and your fatherís name; AND
    i. A statutory declaration or an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary
    which states your full name, date & place of birth and your parentís full
    names

Many thanks, Ravi

Can i ask a question- do they definitely require a ""No Record of Birth Registration"- My father was in Army and I was born in "Rajasthan", while i belong to Delhi.
    My parents are not healthy enough to travel and get such documents and we do not have any friends there.

I have "high commission of India" certificate, PAN card, driving licence and 10th Standard certificate.

Is this no record thing very critical ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast