Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: asking for working visa not based thru partnership

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    New Zealand

    Default asking for working visa not based thru partnership

    Hi ENZ,

    I'm April and I'm currently here in Christchurch New Zealand. I came here last December 31, 2015 and I'm holding a visitors visa based thru partnership within 6 months. Everything was fine at first. My partner who is already a citizen here (but he's also a Filipino) had been my partner for 3 years but in a long distance relationship. And now we are together here in chch. Like i said a while ago. everything was fine at first until one night.. i cooked for our dinner and asked him to stop from playing video games because it is not good to make the food wait. and i want to eat with him. I also told him that he should now adjust from his old life- from being alone because he is now with me. I think he doesn't appreciate that someone is there to cook and take good care of him. I didn't know he was like that. After telling him those things.. he got mad and burst out from his anger. He threw all the food i prepared on the floor and slum the chair towards me and it did hit my knees and now i can't normally walk. I can't take this anymore. i want to leave him but i can't go back to my country because i had already leave my stable work there just to be with him and I'm just new here.. (for about 7 days). and since i still have 6 months to stay, I want to know if I can get a working visa but not based thru partnership though i came here and holds a visitors visa based thru partnership? we we're really planning to get a working visa for me based thru partnership .. but now I've changed my mind. I just wanna get a working visa alone,get a job and continue living here without him.And hopefully to live happily here in New Zealand. It wasn't a good experience but i'd still like to keep going and live a happy life here in New Zealand. Hope you could help me find an answer to my questions. Thank you heaps. Godspeed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008


    I'm sorry to hear you're having this bad experience.

    Do you have some skilled qualifications? That is what you would normally need to be able to get a work visa in your own right. You would need the offer of a job that you are qualified to do, then you can apply for a temporary work visa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts