Thread: Residency file (company Financials)

Post Residency file (company Financials)

hi guys,
    i need some help.
    Am applying residency from Auckland region in SMC category.
    I received my Ita letter 3 weeks ago.
    Now i have a problem as i about to drop my file i checked the status with my employer (as i might need Company Financial Statement in immigration query)
    So i came to know that the company is running in loss, so what happens to my file, my employer is saying there is nothing to do with company financials.
    as he is paying employee's ird properly i don't know what that means.
    So can any one help me with this issue.

As far as i know if i drop my file know the immigration officer will ask for company financial statement what happens if he/she came to know that
    the company is running under loss.

Can we support this query?
    Tq

They don't always ask for financial statements. Like in my company when a lady applied for residency 1 years ago, all they wanted is the IR348 and pay slips. No financial statements were required.
    It also depends on the company size and trading history. They may want to assure the business is sustainable, so if the company is very small (less than 4 employees, founded in less than 3 years, revenue under $500,000 for example etc), they may wish to request financial statements.
    Also incurring a loss in a single financial year is not necessarily harmful to your application. I think they will take the profitability of the business as a whole with an outlook for future performance.

hummmm
    yes it is a small business, the business is there since more than 15 years but in a different ownership which is very recent.

So will officer raises a question of unsustainable business how can we defend this query?
    what sort of documentation is required from my employer (i have a indefinite contract so that might not be a issue).

I think you can defend by showing a company's plan and budget for the future.
    Also if the previous FYs were profitable, it could be argued that last year's loss was just unfortunate. Look, we have a stable trading history, earning good profits. We can definitely derive good profits again in the coming years.
    And calm down, nothing happens at this stage yet