Thread: Polish foods in NZ (North Island)

Default Polish foods in NZ (North Island)

Hi all,

My first post on this forum so please go easy on me. After 15 years in the UK hubby & I have decided to move to his homeland for a change. Last 10 years have seen an explosion of Polish/Eastern European shops all over the UK (heck, they're even available in the local supermarkets) but what can I count on once we get to NZ? We'll be 2 hours away from Wellington but if you know any places I can go to in Auckland then please let me know. Thank you from the mountain (as we say in Polish) or tyia

Thank you JandM.

skazka is great, I can vouch for that from the link JandM posted - my parents have surprised me twice with polish meats, cheese, and other things for my birthdays here. It gets delivered from Auckland (I'm in Wellington) but it's interesting because the smoked meats are from a butcher/deli somewhere in Wellington, so it goes up to Auckland and back down to me... Probably cheaper if I found the deli but it's a train and a bus away and it's a bit too much effort!!

There's a polish community in Wellington and they do events and fundraisers. Often selling pierogi or other polish foods to support their traditional dance group that travels around!!

Great tip! Thanks

Skazka is good. But there is another shop in Auckland: Polka Deli. According to their blurb
    "They are the only one in Auckland who make everything by hand from scratch.
    They have a wonderful selection of beautiful artisan sausages which are traditionally wood smoked. Always made to order –always fresh, never frozen."
    https://www.facebook.com/PolkadeliNz
    For more info contact Magda on 021 206 78 67 or email polkadeli@yahoo.co.nz

Smacznego!