Thread: Claiming points for partners word exprience

Default Claiming points for partners word exprience

With my wife being the primary applicant, since she has a completed university degree I'm the partner, but what I'm trying to find out is can I claim points for my 12 years of work experience in my field, namely Information Technology, if so where on the EOI do I fill it in? Also can I claim points for a qualification I never completed. I was one year short of finishing but had but had to leave college due to personal reasons.

Thanks

Oops, typo in the title / header I meant work experience
    Last edited by Wayde; 12th January 2016 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wayde View Post
    With my wife being the primary applicant, since she has a completed university degree I'm the partner, but what I'm trying to find out is can I claim points for my 12 years of work experience in my field, namely Information Technology, if so where on the EOI do I fill it in? Also can I claim points for a qualification I never completed. I was one year short of finishing but had but had to leave college due to personal reasons.

Thanks

Oops, typo in the title / header I meant work experience
    Hi there,

Only the main applicant can claim points from their work experience. For the partner case, the main applicant can get additional points from their partner's qualification.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi there,

Only the main applicant can claim points from their work experience. For the partner case, the main applicant can get additional points from their partner's qualification.

Regards,
    Thanks for the info

See here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm for the regulations. SM6 has a chart of all available points, and the other sections tell you the detailed requirements for claiming under each heading.