Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT!!! NZQA Specialization for SMC

Default URGENT!!! NZQA Specialization for SMC

Hi... I had my visa interview in 3rd Dec 2015 and now I'm waiting for the CO decision. Just now got to know from my CO that the outcome of my NZQA assessment does not exactly match with their requirement and they are following up with NZQA on this. However, he has mentioned that he is hoping that NZQA will add the specialization that they require.
    What does this mean? Anyone has similar experience!!! please reply me ....

I have never heard of this happening before, but the words are clear. If you look on this website http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ and enter your career, under the green bar for LTSSL, you find the NZ current degrees, one of which INZ need to see that NZQA have declared your degree course to be comparable to. So the CO is telling you your IQA doesn't say exactly what they need, but evidently, it is near enough that he has thought it worthwhile to ask for another think from NZQA.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I have never heard of this happening before, but the words are clear. If you look on this website http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ and enter your career, under the green bar for LTSSL, you find the NZ current degrees, one of which INZ need to see that NZQA have declared your degree course to be comparable to. So the CO is telling you your IQA doesn't say exactly what they need, but evidently, it is near enough that he has thought it worthwhile to ask for another think from NZQA.

Good luck.
    Thanks JandM, Understand, I have a BSc (Hons) in Information Technology, that might be the reason.

In such situation, I dont know how long NZQA takes to do the amendments. My CO is from UK.

No, nobody can tell you that, not even NZQA themselves. There is nothing you can directly do about it, in any case, now that INZ have taken it on themselves to ask for the extra consideration of your case.

Question So What was the outcome

So What was the outcome, did NZQA given them required specializations or not

I didn't get any response my CO or from NZQA yet.
    Why this happens after the interview? Normally these should be verified prior to that, isn't it? I'm really worried about this.

CO notified me that once NZQA replies he will get back to me. Is it alright to mail him asking the status?

Why this happens after the interview? Normally these should be verified prior to that, isn't it?
    My GUESS, and that's all it can be because we will never know for sure, is that your CO himself had been happy with what had shown up in his verifications and recommended you for acceptance, but that the other official doing the second-person check picked up that in fact there wasn't actually enough of a match in the wording of your IQA.

You have the right to ask the CO - it can't be considered pushy now that more than a month has passed - but you won't necessarily get any reply, and the CO himself may not know yet. Remember that the extra work required from NZQA on your case will almost certainly have had to wait in a queue before being allocated to be done, then will take some time in the doing. When the reply comes back to INZ, it will be put in your file wherever it is in the CO's rotating stack of work, and the CO wouldn't normally see it till your file works its way to the front for its next turn for his attention.

Hi,
    What is your initial outcome of IQA?

Yes... It is APPROVED...!!!

BSc - Level 7 (BSc Hons in Information and Computer Sciences)
    Masters - Level 9 (MSc in Information Management)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast