Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Process in Auckland central branch

Default SMC Process in Auckland central branch

Hi everyone in this helpful forum
    I submitted my residency application on 9 October 2015 in Wellington branch because of high work load it's moved to auckland central branch and co allocated on 18 December 2015.on 23 dec she asked addional information from me and sent employer questionarian on same day.i reply next day after her email and my employer sent all those information on 5jan 2016 after that we didn't heard anything back from her.my question is how long co take after submission of all those information .will she interview me ??Please share you timeline and experience of ur application reply will be much appreciated thanks

Every piece of evidence you sent will be verified, done by the CO contacting whatever third person will know if it is true, e.g. former employers, the university that awarded your qualification, etc. as appropriate, and will check details of your job against ANZSCO and your qualifications and past experience. This will take as long as it takes, since part of it depends on how soon the other people all reply. COs all have an allocation of cases that they work in rotation, so yours goes to the back when she has done whatever can be done for the time being, and has to work its way round to its next turn for attention before the CO sees it again. Look on the INZ website for Auckland branch, for their processing times page, and it will give you their best guess based on recent averages, but that is never a promise.

She might talk to you about details of your job, if she hasn't already done so. You won't get the big 'CO interview' that you may have heard other people talking about, though, because that is done for people who don't have a job or job offer, to judge their employability.

Thanks JandM

Hi JandM
    My CO already asked my employer the ANZSCO task which I perform and my employer already clarifying well in his response.
    If Anyone application processing in queen st branch plz share timeline and how many weeks CO take to make a decision on application after submission of employer questionnaire ?? Thanks

would like to know the same especially for residence from work under skill shortage please.

It's not possible to say how long the rest of the process will take from any given point. We aren't inside INZ - we can't see how the workload is running at the moment, or how much of the necessary work on your case the CO has or has not yet been able to tick off. They don't have to do a large part of the case in any particular order, you see, so the employer questionnaire might have gone out at the beginning of the processing, in which case all the verification might still be to do, and the CO might be waiting on replies from all the necessary people. Or all the verification might be complete, and the questionnaire the last part of it.

Then, see what I said in post #2 above about things being worked in rotation.

When ALL the working is complete, the CO will have decided what response to recommend, but is not allowed to tell you yet, because every case has to be looked over by another official (the second-person check or 2pc), to check for mistakes, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. Again, depending on the workload, there will probably be a managed queue before it is your file's turn for attention (as with when you were waiting for a CO to be allocated). 2pc have been seen to take HOURS, or MONTHS, but most cases come out somewhere in the middle.

Hi JandM
    I got this email from my CO

"I am writing regarding your application for residence in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category which was lodged on 09 November 2015. This email is to advise that your application has been assigned to me for assessment.
    I have completed an initial assessment of your application and require the following to be provided before I can proceed further:"
    Is this mean she checked everything in my application already ?? Thanks

Hi
    I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwalraj View Post
    Hi JandM
    I got this email from my CO

"I am writing regarding your application for residence in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category which was lodged on 09 November 2015. This email is to advise that your application has been assigned to me for assessment.
    I have completed an initial assessment of your application and require the following to be provided before I can proceed further:"
    Is this mean she checked everything in my application already ?? Thanks
    No, it doesn't. 'Initial assessment' is INZ's way of talking about their first check through the evidence you sent with your ITA. This is to look and see if there is enough to prove each thing about yourself for which you have claimed points. In this case, she's telling you about the extra evidence she needs. Her next task will be to set about verifying every single piece of evidence - she'll get in touch with somebody who can say that each paper is genuine and is telling the truth, and will wait for answers from every single one, before she can come to a conclusion.

It's a big step forward, though.

On the email my CO just sent she said that they think it will take 2-3 months to process the visa under SMC (submitted by ITA 20 Nov and CO just contacted me for the first time today).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast