Thread: Post Study Work Visa - Employer-Assisted and SMC

Default Post Study Work Visa - Employer-Assisted and SMC

Hello Everyone! This is my first post here, I am sorry in advance if it's too long for reading...

I am applying for a post study - employer-assisted work visa and at the same time for residency under SMC,
    as my current Post-Study Open Search Visa expires in March 2016.
    I am also working full time as Junior Software Developer in IT company,
    which is related to my Graduate Diploma in Computing from Unitec (level 7).

My question is:
    In order for applying for post study employer-assisted work visa, Does my INZ1113 Employer Supplementary Form should have answer for a question B2 about "ANZSCO occupation title"? I read in some Forum answers that ANZSCO comparison is important for Essential Work visas, But for a post-study employer-assisted work visa, it's enough if job is related to my NZ studies..

And
    In case of applying for residency under SMC (I've got invitation), Do I have chances with my qualification as Graduate Diploma in Computing (L 7) to prove that it corresponds to ANZSCO "261312 DEVELOPER PROGRAMMER", As it "must commensurate with a bachelor degree", however graduate diploma considered lower than bachelor even it's still 7 level..

Thank you very much for your attention! I'll appreciate any help!
    Last edited by Kitzo; 18th January 2016 at 12:50 PM.

The supplementary form should have the code ANZSCO 261312. There is no wrong if no code is mentioned, but as you have dual intentions to obtain both the work visa and the residency, you better specify the code.
    I think it's okay if the level of your qualification is 7. There are some grad diplomas that are only comparable to level 6, which may raise some concerns, but your case should be fine.

Thank you, l00k ! : )

To apply for Employee assisted work visa , Is it necessary fro the employer to advertise the job in difference arenas?
    And will INZ conduct labour market check?

not if job is included in SMC application