Thread: place of birth different in passport and birth certificate

Default place of birth different in passport and birth certificate

Dear Seniors/SG Folks & All,

I received my partner's birth certificate from local municipality of the state where she born in India and noticed that Name of the village where she born is mentioned in the birth cert however in her passport the village's district headquarters name was mentioned. Does anyone came across this kind of scenario ??? Will INZ accept the place difference ??? in passport and birth certificate.

FYI :- I approached high commission of India, Singapore for amending the Place of birth in my wife's passport by showing the original Birth certificate but they informed me that any correction in birth place should be done only in India were the passport was issued. I don't know how to proceed !!!

Here is a recent thread about a similar but slightly different problem, but the answers may be useful. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46728

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Here is a recent thread about a similar but slightly different problem, but the answers may be useful. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46728

Thank you for the reply JandM, I will ask my in law to prepare SD.

Hi,

How did it go. Can you please let us know what happened to your case.Did INZ accept it or u had to correct the place of birth

Hi Yzov & Kumar12,

I am also facing similar situation in case of my partners birth place name. Her village name where she was born is mentioned in the "No record of Birth Registration" letter from Village Authorities, however in her passport the village's district name is mentioned. Another issue is, now the village falls under other district. But during her birth, the village was under same district as mentioned in passport.

Can we give SD regarding the birth place justification as follow?
    Instead of village name, district name was added to the passport. SD will also state that particular village at time of birth was in same district as mentioned in passport but now falls under different district after changes done by state government dated so and so.

Thanks!

If I were in your place, I'd submit a statutory declaration explaining all of the above. Keep in mind that if an immigration officer is satisfied that any information or documentation submitted in applying for a visa is false or misleading, that application may be declined (see R5.20.1(h)).

Thanks for your update Kelerei

All the information related to my partners birth document and situations are true. Not sure if this SD will be accepted.
    Moreover, the Municipal Corporation & Authorities are not able to assist us further. As, this is the actual situation where birth was in village and now village is under other district.

Anyways, again thanks for your revert. Will try to explore more.