Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI selected :) - quick q about certificates!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question EOI selected :) - quick q about certificates!

So I know this is only stage 1 of 1 million, but our EOI was entered on Monday night and selected today (I had calculated the selection date). It looks like a lower selection than in previous months, so hopefully that helps and doesn't hinder!

We are already looking into what we need so that we can hand in the ITA papers within a few days of receiving them later this month.

I've search the threads for what we will need in terms of proof/documents, but still have questions about certificates:

1) It says we need police certificates for any country we've lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. Does this include NZ? We have been living here for two years. And is it correct that if in the last 36 months we've handed in police certificates for countries we've lived in, then we won't need to get hold of them again? For me it was quite straight-forward (UK), but for my partner it was a nightmare (Mexico). We can prove that since those certificates we sent to INZ we have only left the country once for holidays for one month.

2) Same question for medical certificates and chest x-rays, really: we got chest x-rays done for our WHVs in 2013, so I guess we are still within the 36 month time-frame and don't need to re-do them? We did the medical check more recently (mid last year) so that should certainly be valid. Will the CO check this before sending the ITA checklist (e.g. would they include 'medical check' if it's no longer valid, or is it included by default)?

3) And same question for my university degree, and our proof of relationship: we already sent these in for my last work visa, which my partner got a work visa through. Do we need to re-send all the proof that we're a couple, and proof that I have a degree? It's not really an issue, but more just wondering whether we need to get all that paperwork again! We have been together almost 7 years and got engaged over Christmas, so I don't think they were in any doubt about us the first time around.

4) My current visa is based on my work contract which runs from May 2015 until May 2017. When I got this visa I sent in the contract, offer of employment etc. : will I need to send this in again too? I understand they may need to see proof I still work at the same place (letter from boss, form filled in, payslips etc.) but just wondering about the initial 'I have a job' stuff if they already have it?

Sorry, that turned into more questions than I expected ))

Thanks!!!

1. For NZ if required, INZ request them themselves directly. For other countries, check your time-frames here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm

2. Medicals should be okay for sure. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm I think your paperwork will most likely be a standard format letter that anyone would get, so you will just have to explain why whichever parts are not applicable.

3. You WILL have to supply all this proof over again. Your application will almost certainly not be dealt with by the same officer, or even in the same office, so you have to make it really easy for the CO this time round, and place everything in front of him/her from scratch.

4. Same as for (3).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. For NZ if required, INZ request them themselves directly. For other countries, check your time-frames here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm

2. Medicals should be okay for sure. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm I think your paperwork will most likely be a standard format letter that anyone would get, so you will just have to explain why whichever parts are not applicable.

3. You WILL have to supply all this proof over again. Your application will almost certainly not be dealt with by the same officer, or even in the same office, so you have to make it really easy for the CO this time round, and place everything in front of him/her from scratch.

4. Same as for (3).
    Thanks, JandM!1

Looks like we're good for the medicals but might need to get the police checks re-done (fun fun!). I'll make sure we just include as much as we did before for the work and partnership elements - the last thing we want is to get to the front of the queue and then have to join the back again because we missed something trivial!!

Thanks for your advice!!

Did you receive ITA?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mannon View Post
    Did you receive ITA?
    Not yet Makes me think they are a bit unsure about my claim to a Skilled Job?

My colleague got his within a couple of days, although the website says 2-4 weeks.

Does it depend on pool draw or backlog or anything like that?

Watch out for the ITA as we did not receive ours - we were expecting it via post as we received the notification that our EOI was accepted that way, and then waited and waited and never received anything else. Finally I called INZ and discovered that they had sent an email that we never received. I still don't know what happened there as we searched spam, trash, etc and never located it. So if you don't receive it within a month, call them and check on it. As for the police records, I would start requesting them right away and keep records of the request, courier receipts, etc. The documentation officer is allowed to give you an extension on police records if it turns out that they don't arrive on time.

I agree with parpalhou, except I would be less patient and say contact INZ if you don't hear within three weeks. But you're not there yet.

Okay i'll get in touch by the end of this week if I haven't received anything, either by phone or going into the Welly branch.

Parpalhou, did you receive the papers in the end? i.e. it was a case of them forgetting to send them or you not receiving them properly. Or was it because they didn't want to continue with your EOI? I check the INZ page regularly and it continues to say 'congratulations...wait for your papers' or something along those lines.

Thanks for all the advice, fingers crossed they sent them soon! We're moving house this weekend but will put in place a mail redirect, and hopefully that won't slow things down too much.

So I phoned up this morning and after quite a wait and a lot of 'let me just check's , the guy said they're still doing 'credibility checks'.
    What does that mean, exactly? Does it mean they're checking if my qualification matches my job? Or if my job matches ANZSCO? Or if my salary matches averages for my field? I have two colleagues who have recently gone or are going through the exact same process, and neither of them was/has been so far questioned on their salary, made to wait over 2 weeks for ITA papers, or told they were conducting a credibility check, so i'm inevitably starting to get a bit concerned! Any thought?

This is probably much more mundane than you're imagining. The EOI would be selected by machine, just on the number of points claimed. After that, each EOI is checked by clerks to see if the personal details you have listed APPEAR TO justify the number of points you have claimed - i.e. is the claim credible? (This is intended to pick up errors such as a person claiming the points for ten years' work experience when they've only been working for two, or the points for the youngest age-band when they're stating elsewhere that they are 49.)

The time taken for the check will depend on how many EOIs were picked at the same time as or just ahead of yours, and staffing levels in that INZ office at the time. Those things are unpredictable, which is one big reason why it's no use comparing your application with one or two other people's and expecting they will be the same. The process isn't even, or 'fair'. INZ is a huge government bureaucracy, crunching through the stream of work which they organize in date-order queues. They'll get to your file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast