Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: partnership visa temporary evidence

Default partnership visa temporary evidence

Hi there,

My partner and i are applying for our visa tomorrow!

Long time coming and big thank you to all of you on here.

we will be submitting

Cover Letter
    Passports
    INZ FORM 1198
    INZ FORM 1146
    POLICE CERT (translated and certified by translation agency)
    FULL MEDICAL
    PROOF we are living in the same place (tenancy agreement, letters addressed to both of us separately and together to the address, photos of us at home, texts asking to do household chores and shopping etc)
    Proof i live in NZ- Payslips/contract/bank statements from the past year or so
    Relationship letter from both of us
    Relationship timeline
    14 character referrals from friends and family staying where and when they met us and how they see us functioning as a couple
    Bank statements showing shopping, gifts, rent, bills- as well as shopping receipts
    social recognition proof
    -Facebook relationship page screenshot
    -post with partner tagged in it on facebook with and without friends
    - invitations to social gatherings- weddings, parties, engagements, graduation, birthday cards, Christmas cards
    -camping site tickets with both names on it
    -emails from book a Bach person when we went away on weekend trips
    -Future hotel reservation bookings
    -over 80 photos of us together with family and friends (while i went on holiday to france to see him)
    -email communication between me and his mum
    -email communication between my mother and him
    - flat mates stating we live together
    -letter from landlord when i lived with him for two months last year. - bank statements showing shopping at the supermarket near his flat.
    -Reason as to why my partner had to leave NZ (tourist visa finishing and job opportunities in france)
    -Letter from his job in France saying when he worked there and character referral from them
    -his name as next of kin on my medical records when i got my teeth removed recently
    -tickets for future events together
    -his name stated as named driver on my comprehensive car insurance
    -transfer receipt and communication regarding a desk we bought together
    -photos with our cat
    -over 80 pages of text messages/ screenshots of Skype-log to show the communication we kept going from being apart between March 2015 and November 2015
    Flight tickets and itinerary for my trip to France
    photos from my trip to France

Am i missing out of anything?
    Last edited by ORIO92; 21st January 2016 at 10:56 AM.

Also- to this day we have been living together for 9 weeks in total...including the two months we lived together in beginning last year and the 3 weeks i spent in france that gives us around 5 months (20 weeks) hopefully this is enough

You might have a bit of difficulty as the requirement for this visa is living with your partner for 12 months... I guess you can see how it goes, in hopes they can offer soooooomething, but it does seem a bit risky from what you've advised in your posts... 9 weeks, about 2 months, it's a pretty short time to be considered...but you never know I suppose as your situation is unique. All the best!

hi, it's a temporary work visa through partnership...living with your partner for 12 months is for residency

yes correct only around 2-3 months living together is required for a work visa. Looks like you have plenty every case is different so you never know what will happen but you can be assured that if something else is needed the CO will contact you and ask for it and not just decline right away. so its one of those things you know good luck

Oh right right sorry. I was thinking as per the 2 year granting of the temp visa - The longer the live-in though, the better chances you have in terms of length.

""If you have been living together for 12 months or longer, we may grant you a work visa for up to a maximum of two years.

If you have been living together for less than 12 months, initially we can only grant you a work visa for up to 12 months. Later you can apply for a further work visa for a total stay of up to two years (including the time already granted on your initial partnership work visa) if:
    you and your partner want to stay longer in New Zealand and can show us that you are still in a genuine and stable relationship, or
    you apply for residence as a partner.
    You can find information about applying for a residence class visa under our Partnership residence category section.""

OK that's A LOT OF PAPERWORK to check! good luck to them... LOL

I did my partner visa last year (I'm the principal, and the one with work visa, for 2 years).... we send the documentations 18/12/15... confirmed by embassy next day (19/12/15)... approved 11/01/16.

And he was granted work visa!

We did not send that many documents, as you...

Good Luck!

Hi Yessica

thanks for your reply! Better more than too little right? (at least i am hoping)

How long had the two of you been living together?

We have been in a relationship for 15 years... we are originally from Venezuela, where we only share accounts and address for two years... We moved to Australia in 2011... and I just move here!

so... maybe I am not the best example...

But all that you send will help you! and if the case officer is not happy, he will request extra documents!

you will be fine!

Am I correct in assuming your total living together time is 9 weeks but it was at different times, with the first time being quite a while ago? INZ usually prefer (I believe) that your living together time has to be 2-3 months continuously up until the time of the application, and during the application processing. They may ask for evidence you are still in a relationship and living together just before they issue the visa, to ensure you are still together.

Can I ask how you prepared your application? sounds like you have a lot of things to supply with the application, I am in the same position and have just learnt binders and clear pockets are not good, however its the only thing that will work for me I think and I also applied for the first visa the same way and had no feedback from the CO about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast