Thread: Realities of NZQA IQA:

Default Realities of NZQA IQA:

Hi Forum,

I would like to present some realities you may face with NZQA when you apply for IQA,

1. Since 2015, NZQA stopped comparing a non Accord Accredited Engineering Degrees to a nearest NZ qualification
    2. NZQA guidelines does not reflect the above and it is the reality

Here is the reply from them,

NZQA is unable to compare any overseas engineering qualifications not covered by the Washington and/or Sydney Accords to accredited NZ engineering programmes. The New Zealand qualifications are also accredited by IPENZ as they lead to professional rights. If your qualification were a Washington Accord recognised degree and it met the requirements of a specific New Zealand qualification (structure, content, industrial attachment as well as other factors), NZQA would be able to specify.

Your qualification is not covered by the Washington Accord. The Washington Accord recognises Indian engineering qualifications awarded by Tier 1 institutions from 2014. Your qualification meets neither of these requirements. Therefore, only IPENZ can determine if your qualification meets the academic requirements and other occupational competencies required for registration as an engineering professional within New Zealand. The other case you are referring to was completed in 2014. Since that time practice has changed regarding engineering degrees which is why your result differs. If the person you are referring to was to apply for an assessment now, he would receive the same result.

Guys !! please update this thread if you received positive specific IQA outcome from NZQA, provided you have non accord accredited Engineering qualification and applied in 2015 or later.

I do not want some one get biased or discouraged because of my outcome.

Regards,

Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,

Most of the Indian degrees don't get a specific outcome in IQA. May I know from which university have you graduated from ?

Hi,

Its "Bharathidasan University", Tamilnadu. I probed enough to find the realities and behind the scenes to understand whether really they do compare "structure, focus, content, learning outcomes" or not for non washington accord accredited engineering degrees. But the bottom line is accord accreditation since 2015.

I contrasted my qualification with one of my friend's outcome which was not accredited by the accords and got specific outcome on 2014. As they stated in my earlier post , they stopped comparing a non-washington accord engineering degrees from 2015 which was earlier case till 2014.
    Last edited by dinesh; 21st January 2016 at 04:40 PM.