Thread: Pls help me advise on immigration lawyer.

Arrow Pls help me advise on immigration lawyer.

Hi All,
    I have applied for PR on SMC category via a reputed law firm in mt eden however seems lawyers need more money to deal with INZ queries.
    I did agreed to a fixed flat fee as they suggested would including all unexpected time spend and save me for surprise fees.
    Now they just refused to take my case any further.

Can anyone help advise with this. It's just difficult to keep feeding unreasonable huge lawyer fees.

Does anyone know experienced reasonable lawyer who I can talk to?

Any help with this is much appreciated.
    thanks

As regards your argument with the lawyer, sorting out that grievance would seem to depend on what your original written agreement with them says. I suggest you could approach the NZ Citizens' Advice Bureau http://www.cab.org.nz/Pages/home.aspx, as they will be able to point you in the direction of someone with the right knowledge.

The matter of your SMC application is separate. Is your case particularly complicated, that you have felt the need to use a lawyer? Many people have successfully managed their application themselves, as you will see from the thousands of old threads on different topics here on the forum.

I thought it would be better to use lawyer to ensure all immigration goes smoothly. I am not particularly experienced with immigration laws/ understanding etc.
    So agreed over $5K fees fixed fee with immigration law to do and deal with my PR application.

Now they just want more money and I am on a timeline to respond to INZ's query. So question is either find a another lawyer or keep paying more to current lawyer.
    I just don't feel it is right for them to ask for more money as it was flat fixed contract. If I take to CAB it would take lot of time and I need to ensure INZ's are answered in due time.

Do you know anyone who can help? I am sure you must be seeing cases like me day in day out.
    Thanks for your response.

There are people on the forum who will help by sharing their experience or pointing out and interpreting the regulations if you want to ask questions.

There are two Licensed Immigrations Advisers who regularly post on the forum - Karen Phillips and ChrisMwn - and who are available to be employed professionally if they and an applicant come to agreement. Of course that is a private matter, nothing to do with the ENZ forum. Either one can be approached privately for discussion through Private Messaging.

Thanks for your reply.
    Pls can you guide how to contact them?
    Last edited by adi0604; 21st January 2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: ..

You can send them private messages through the forum. Private message is enabled once you have 5 posts or more. You should have this option activated because you have reached the needed 5 posts.

Yes, agree with bsohel.

Thanks bsohel and JandM.

adi0604 you are welcome on the forum. Can you please share your time line on forum. You can always count on JandM, Karen Phillips and ChrisMwn for any questions you have. Wish you best luck for your application.