Thread: Partnership residency - external checks?

Default Partnership residency - external checks?

Hi there, I lodged my residency application (partnership) in mid November 2015. And a CO was assigned on the 8th of Dec. Then some more forms were sent to me and did not hear back from her for one month. I then decided to email her and ask if there was any updates in mid Jan. She replied saying she was waiting for some external checks to come back - which can take up to 3 months. Do you guys have any idea what exactly is my CO waiting for? She did not ask for more information from my end.

Any help would be appreciated! Starting to get a little nervous since my student visa is expiring in 2 months (really hoping to get a decision before then). Thanks!

national security check?

I keep hearing about security checks, and this in every immigration system in every country, and I don't know why it takes 3 months, when all the data about everyone is at Google. I am pretty sure that any police or immigration entity have instant access to a large database with all the details of every adult on Earth. say I watch too much scifi, but it makes sense at this time we have computers and technology that makes it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ihabkal View Post
    I keep hearing about security checks, and this in every immigration system in every country, and I don't know why it takes 3 months, when all the data about everyone is at Google. I am pretty sure that any police or immigration entity have instant access to a large database with all the details of every adult on Earth. say I watch too much scifi, but it makes sense at this time we have computers and technology that makes it easy.
    Yes, I think you watch too much sci-Fi