Thread: Partnership Visa Help

Default Partnership Visa Help

Hi all

I was hoping to get some advice on the likelihood my partner and I have of getting our partnership visa approved. We are not engaged or married simply because we can't afford it right now haha.

We have been together since June 2014. We met at a summer camp, and were unofficially living together during this time. We travelled together for 3 weeks after camp, then I had already made plans with a friend from NZ to attend our friends wedding in Mexico so my partner and I spent 6 weeks apart. I then went to Scotland for 5 weeks where we lived in his parents house. The plan was always for us to live in New Zealand but we both needed to work and save enough to afford visas/flights so I went home 3 months earlier until he arrived in NZ in early March 2015.

We lived together for 3 months in my parents house, until we moved into our own flat where we have been ever since.

Evidence we have so far:
    - Joint tenancy agreement (we dont have utility bills because this is looked after by our flatmates who were living there before us)
    - Joint Bank Account (have had for 12 months) records
    - Approved home loan application (we just haven't found a house to buy yet)
    - Timeline of relationship
    - Letters from camp, friends and family
    - Photos
    - We have recently started a NZ limited liability company together
    - Evidence of joint holidays
    - Correspondence (facebook messages, emails, texts, phone records)

We don't have insurance together. What can we add to strengthen our application? What can we do to prove we lived at both of our parents places together?

What do you think our chances of success are?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No one on here could tell you what your chances of success are going to be. It appears that you have most of the things that would be needed to lodge an application for a work visa under partnership. You don't have to have insurances together its just one possible piece of evidence that CAN be used but is not mandatory .

This is a list from INZ and if you think you have enough lodge you application and let the waiting game begin
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm

What you have sounds pretty good. It's good that you have evidence from 12 months ago, and that you have put together a timeline.There's nothing wrong with having letter from your parents stating that you lived together, with them for 3 months.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 25th January 2016 at 10:07 AM.