Thread: Job hunting exp of a Java Developer

Default Job hunting exp of a Java Developer

Hi,

My name is Alvin.
    Me and my wife are Filipinos based here in Singapore.
    We are both java developer and we intend to move to New Zealand may mid this year.
    We already have our In-principle appoval for a resident visa and will just have to send our passport and payment to immigration for them to grant our visa.

I want to hear from fellow java developers how was their experience in looking for a job in NZ, whether in Auckland or in Wellington.

I have 7 years of experience working as a java developer and handled both core and web based applications.
    My wife is ahead of me by one year but our experience is almost the same.

At the current market, how long does it usually take for a developer to land a job?
    I saw in some website that the average salary is 90-110k in our experience.
    Is it accurate?

Thank you very much.
    Regards,
    Alvin

Can someone please assist me i am trying to find out what Visa my 2 year old will use to come over to New Zealand.
    I'm also looking for a job for my husband whom is a qualified petrol mechanic he has worked on the following vehicles: Chev, Opel, Isuzu, Renault, VW
    We currently reside in South Africa but want to immigrate to New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraE View Post
    Can someone please assist me i am trying to find out what Visa my 2 year old will use to come over to New Zealand.
    I'm also looking for a job for my husband whom is a qualified petrol mechanic he has worked on the following vehicles: Chev, Opel, Isuzu, Renault, VW
    We currently reside in South Africa but want to immigrate to New Zealand.
    If you or your husband apply for a temporary work visa as a result of getting the offer of a skilled job in NZ, you will need to apply for a visitor's visa for your 2-year-old, linking this to the work visa. You fill in the form as if you were the child, then sign on his behalf as the parent at the end. He will then be issued with a visa to match the work visa for length of time.

If you apply for Residence under SMC, the whole family will be included on that application, and if the main applicant is successful, each member of the family will be granted Residence.