Thread: Delay in Qualification Assessmsnt

Default Delay in Qualification Assessmsnt

Hi,

Is there anyone who is applied for Qualification assessment.I had applied back in November,2015 but still waiting.

Their normal expectation, if you supply everything they need, is 35 working days, and there is normally total closure from Christmas Eve till just after New Year. Are you building that into your expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Their normal expectation, if you supply everything they need, is 35 working days, and there is normally total closure from Christmas Eve till just after New Year. Are you building that into your expectation?
    Hi JandM,Thanks for your response..
    Yes i already knew that.But still i am worried,as all of my original educational documents as well of my brother's documents had been submitted since November,2015.And we had applied for fast track. Agent has told us that there is response from the Authority and as per them they received huge number of applications on the basis of which we have to wait more.

Well, then, I'm afraid that's the answer. There's a backlog, and they'll be working through it in date order, and your file is somewhere in the queue. If you are in danger of missing an INZ deadline, keep a record of all your interactions with NZQA about this matter, showing you've done your best to get the results quickly and that it's beyond your control that they are not there, then send this to INZ to explain why the IQAs are missing. They are normally understanding about allowing extra time in such circumstances.

Mine (not fast track) took me 40 working days, 5 days past due. And yes, the reason was due to heavy load, they even asked me to get INZ Manager to contact NZQA Manager for this matter.

You may want to email then, follow by phone calls. If possible, try to talk to their Team Leader.

Good luck!

Well, then, I'm afraid that's the answer. There's a backlog, and they'll be working through it in date order, and your file is somewhere in the queue. If you are in danger of missing an INZ deadline, keep a record of all your interactions with NZQA about this matter, showing you've done your best to get the results quickly and that it's beyond your control that they are not there, then send this to INZ to explain why the IQAs are missing. They are normally understanding about allowing extra time in such circumstances.
    Okay, So nice of you...

yesterday I Got +ve Assessment from NZQA

That's good news. So the timing was about 12 weeks, was it?

That's good news. So the timing was about 12 weeks, was it?
    Yes more than 12 weeks..I am afraid with this much High frequency of applicants, the EOI threshold may increase from 140 to upwards

I don't think that's likely. It's not volume of applications that interests INZ, but quality.