Thread: Passport necessity

Default Passport necessity

Hello,
    my passports expire in 2 months, I applied for new passports and sent them off overseas to be cancelled by my government so that they can issue new ones, but if my application is approved soon and the passports took 2 or 3 months to get or if I never get them are they actually needed to get residency? I mean they saw them when I applied and they returned them is the sticker on them trivial?

Thanks!

Well certainly if you want to travel you will need a passport! Since it seems you are in new Zealand ?, you will have 6 months from the time your application is approved in principle, to present your passport and have the visa label issued. In very very rare cases INZ can issue a label and a certificate if identity.

You don't need to send your passports back to home country.

You can apply the passport through the country embassy.

I did Raju, our embassy is in Australia, and they send it back to Lebanon, and then back to Australia in 6 to 8 weeks, and then back to me, if all paperwork is in order it could take 3 months easy, if I missed any paper or any signature it is back to square one,
    Thanks!

Hi Chris,
    I am 40 and I really hope never to travel again I am done. I don't want to go anywhere, except from home to work and work to home, and to NZ parks and beaches.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ihabkal View Post
    Hi Chris,
    I am 40 and I really hope never to travel again I am done. I don't want to go anywhere, except from home to work and work to home, and to NZ parks and beaches.
    Thanks!
    exactly why do you want to travel when you live in paradise right