Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent help :: Letter of Potentially Prejudicial Information about English standard

Default Urgent help :: Letter of Potentially Prejudicial Information about English standard

hi everyone

I have my CO interview next week, but I received an email today about my English standard and language capabilities.

I had submitted university letter , IELTS 6.0 report and evidences that I work in Singapore where English is a national language.

But the CO is concerned about my IELTS band 6, stating it was obtained in last two years and it does not demonstrate the English standard.

I made a mistake by submitting this IELTS report. It was not necessary at all. I was trying to demo that I had made all attempts to collect all evidences for language standard.

CO asked me to reply before Feb 15th 2016.

Could you please guide me what I should do next? or what I must inform the CO?

I am stressed about this, as the letter says "Letter of Potentially Prejudicial Information".
    Thanks

Sorry, I missed to tell you that the CO requested me to send another IELTS test report OR register for an IELTS test before 15th Feb.
    It is really tough to get through IELTS for me, so only I submitted university letters and Singapore employment proofs.

How do I approach the CO with some comments? Can I request the CO to exclude my old IELTS report and consider only University letter and Singapore employment?

Not sure if my reply to CO will look arrogant or misleading.

All I wanted is to be genuine in my application and show all the efforts I had put in to preparing for the visa application. But it is back biting me

If I had not submitted IELTS report with 6 band, then there should have been no issues for me.

Can I request the CO to re-consider my English during my interview?

Hi farafaraway,

From the INZ website, "the minimum standard of English is an International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) certificate, with an overall band score of 6.5 or better in the General or Academic modules. The certificate must be less than two years old."

May i know what is your nationality ?

Hi Thank you.
    I am from India.

Quote Originally Posted by vitajaj View Post
    Hi farafaraway,

From the INZ website, "the minimum standard of English is an International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) certificate, with an overall band score of 6.5 or better in the General or Academic modules. The certificate must be less than two years old."

Hi, what is worrying me is that, how to convince the CO to exclude my IELTS from this application package.
    I did not really wanted INZ to consider my IELTS for this visa application. All I wanted was just to demo the efforts I had put in to get IELTS, and not the score.

Hi farafaraway,

Hi Farfaraway,

I don't know how will you convince the CO to exclude my IELTS from this application package at this stage ?
    Do you have a recognized qualification that is entirely taught in English, you can find those details like in transcript where it is stated that the medium of instruction as "English".

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Hi, what is worrying me is that, how to convince the CO to exclude my IELTS from this application package.
    I did not really wanted INZ to consider my IELTS for this visa application. All I wanted was just to demo the efforts I had put in to get IELTS, and not the score.
    I want to give some advice to you and people from non native English speaking countries. You have to make sure that you pass this IELTS test with a score of at least 6.5 on first try. No amount of pleading will make them give you a second chance. I got my application declined for the same purpose(my spouse English requirement) after spending so much on processing my application. If one is from non English speaking countries its better to get the required IELTS score before even submitting EOI because if by chance IELTS is requested then the required score must be submitted.

Goof luck with your application.

Hi there,

You may check the below link also for more details about IELTS requirement.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41319

Hi vitajaj
    Yes, my degree was taught in English and I have a university letter stating that English was the medium of instruction.
    I send all the information and also sent IELTS with score 6. The issue is, CO is only looking at my IELTS and not the other evidences.

Hi Farfaraway,

I don't know how will you convince the CO to exclude my IELTS from this application package at this stage ?
    Do you have a recognized qualification that is entirely taught in English, you can find those details like in transcript where it is stated that the medium of instruction as "English".

hi isahs, may I know at what stage your application declined?
    did you have the interview. or were you trying to convince the CO about English? or you submitted application without IELTS or a lesser score?
    Could you please explain a bit about your situation? It will surely help.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by isahs View Post
    I want to give some advice to you and people from non native English speaking countries. You have to make sure that you pass this IELTS test with a score of at least 6.5 on first try. No amount of pleading will make them give you a second chance. I got my application declined for the same purpose(my spouse English requirement) after spending so much on processing my application. If one is from non English speaking countries its better to get the required IELTS score before even submitting EOI because if by chance IELTS is requested then the required score must be submitted.

Goof luck with your application.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast