Thread: Panicking slightly...a few questions

Default Panicking slightly...a few questions

Current temporary partnership based work visa expires on 18th March. I plan on extending this for an additional year very soon. However, I thought processing times were more like 3 weeks...not 25 days. I currently have 43 days to get it approved. I believe I can turn it in within 2 weeks (don't need to resubmit medical), but it's pushing it. Been trying to talk to immigration all night but did not get a call back. Questions :

1. Do I need to turn in all of my evidence of partnership from my last application? A good portion was returned to me. Will plan to do so by default.
    2. What do I need to do if I believe the application will not be finished in time? At what point should I panic? I recall my last application was processed within 2-3 weeks but cannot confirm because I cannot log on to the website.
    3. The website says most applications are processed within 25 days. Is this business days? Or do they include weekends into the picture? I'm assuming the latter.

Just really all sinking in tonight, and I can't sleep.

1. Do I need to turn in all of my evidence of partnership from my last application? A good portion was returned to me. Will plan to do so by default.
    Yes. Your application will not necessarily be dealt with by the same official who saw it last time, or even in the same office, so make it as easy as possible for the CO to see your past background. And keep collecting evidence even after it has gone in, as it is common for the CO to ask for more just before the visa is issued, to make sure they're not handing it to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.
    2. What do I need to do if I believe the application will not be finished in time? At what point should I panic? I recall my last application was processed within 2-3 weeks but cannot confirm because I cannot log on to the website.
    Don't panic at all. As long as your application for a new work visa goes in and is lodged while the present visa is still valid, you will automatically be granted an interim visa if your new one hasn't been processed in time. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erimvisaqa.htm (They don't issue interim visas if someone is waiting for Residence, but as between one work visa and the next, they do.)
    3. The website says most applications are processed within 25 days. Is this business days? Or do they include weekends into the picture? I'm assuming the latter.
    I'm not sure, but given the answer to Q2, timing doesn't actually matter - you'll be okay.

Hi JandM

Thank you for answering my questions so quickly!

This really helped to put my mind at ease. The only thing I may be worried about now is that my partner and I are going on a big trip to the UK in mid-April, so as long as it gets processed and approved before then (which I'm sure it will) everything should be all good! I'm confident that I will get the visa because I have even more official documentation confirming that we live together than I did last year. We have a strong case.

Sometimes all you need is a confidence booster to stop worrying.

Another question if anyone can answer: Is immigration alright with soft copies of files? My entire Application from last year is on a Flash Drive, so I am considering sending this in instead of the papers from last year.

Cheers!

I've seen it said that they prefer to have hard copies.