Thread: Need advice on visitor visa applications to get my mother and sister to NZ for about a month.

Default Need advice on visitor visa applications to get my mother and sister to NZ for about a month.

Hi,

I need some guidance on visitor visa applications for my mother and sister whom I want to get here for about a month. I and my wife both have resident visa granted on April 2015.

My mother is about 48 yrs old and she is a housewife. She does not speak english. My sister has completed her Bachelors degree and not working at pesent. I have a brother as well and he is married.

I am working on filling up the application forms on their behalf and get necessary documents sorted for their application. In due course of filling the applications, I came across some questions/doubts which I have listed below.

1) Section B5 :- Have you received immigration advice on this application ?

Since I am filling the application forms, I think I should tick "YES".And in immigration advisors details, I should tick the option where it states that I provided immigration advice in informal and family context only,
    and fill Section K (Declaration by perosn assisting that application) with option "assisted the application with recording information" checked. Is that corrent?

2) For my mother, can I opt with General (tourist) visa or does it need to be Parent or Grandparent visa ? We don't intend to apply for three year visa for her but also don't want to be suspicious in the eyes of INZ.

3) Still in doubt whether to go for General Visitor visa or limited visa for my sister. She has not got any job at the moment but not sure if what will be prove her motive to return back. We intend to book plane ticket
    and present it in application.

Even if we choose Limited visa, what could be the express reason. One reason that obvious is that my mother is not good in english and she hasn't travelled abroad. Though my sister hasn't travelled abroad as well
    but she is good in english and can assist during travelling. My mother will not be able to travel alone.

4) Section G4 - Is your visa application dependent on another person who is NZ citizen or resident ? I think the answer would be "YES" for both my mother and sister and they would be dependent on me, isn't it ?

5) What sort of evidences can we provide to support the claim that they intend to return back?

Thanks for reading through my post.
    If you have any experience or advice for me, please do state them. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Letting you know I have seen this when about to go offline and will be back a little later.

1) That looks right.
    2) A general visitor visa is the right one for your mother for a one-month visit.
    3) Think around your sister's situation. Does she have job applications in? Does she have a significant relationship? Does she intend to move to a home of her own? (Or whatever she intends in her immediate future.) Think about getting paperwork that will show this. And also, the return ticket will be a big help. A visitor's visa is probably the more usual choice.
    4) This depends on whether or not you are formally sponsoring them. (Google "Immigration NZ sponsorship" for a definition if you are not sure.)
    5) See reply to 3). As far as your mother is concerned, also, she presumably has a home, and you can show proof of her ownership or tenancy, which is continuing. And does she have other family who will be expecting her back?

what country are your family from?

Thanks JandM for reply.
    Chris they are from India.

so you recognise that you are up against a risk profile that says with a lack of history or international travel and a lack of incentive to return, a visa may not be granted. Where does your mother live? On her own? with other family? Does she "own" property? A limited purpose visa might be granted for all sorts of reasons, family event(birthday/wedding/anniversary etc) . The issue remains though that an LPV doesn't manage risk of person absconding, it just means they cant apply onshore for further visas. Bonds, though rarely used these days are also an option?