Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Result after Interview (for SMC application)

Default Result after Interview (for SMC application)

Hello,

Has anyone experienced a delay of knowing the result after the interview? The immigration officer said she will give her decision within 10 working days (roughly two weeks). Right now, it's been 11th day and I'm getting worried.

There is ALWAYS a delay.

The CO is able to reach a conclusion almost immediately as to what result s/he intends to recommend, but is not allowed to tell the applicant yet. Every completed case has to be referred to another official to be checked over, looking for errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption, before the result is made public (the second-person check, or 2pc). There is a queue for the 2pc, and how long it is varies with the volume of work and such matters as staff sickness or training in that office. We have seen 2pcs go through in HOURS, or MONTHS, but most go through in the middle ground of a few weeks.

When your CO said she would have decided in 10 days, the most likely thing she had in mind was that that would be when she would pass your file over for 2pc, I guess. Try to be calm and not expect any answer yet, because it would be MOST unusual for it to be this soon.

Hi Silverspoon,

You will get the outcome in ~10 days. As JandM said, it should be with 2pc. Just wait for the golden moment anytime.

Thanks JandM and vitajaj for your replies. It helps. What a relief! 😀

I've been waiting for the result for 2 months after the interview.
    My patience becomes vague....

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    I've been waiting for the result for 2 months after the interview.
    My patience becomes vague....
    Your waiting time would be almost done... My waiting time was also 2 months (see my timeline).
    Cheers!!

you must also consider that they have long holiday next week if you are in shanghai branch.

Hi Silverspoon,

I also experienced the delay as my interview was on 21/1/2016 and CO told me that she will give the outcome by end of January. However, I have not received any update as of now.
    Last edited by vdktqtvqt; 5th February 2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling

hi castiel,
    Yup, im in shanghai branch. I've thought of that as well maybe because of that holiday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by castiel View Post
    you must also consider that they have long holiday next week if you are in shanghai branch.

hi vdktqtvqt,

My interview was 1/20/2016. Anyway, let's see after the holiday hehe. Hope for the best to come! (my patience is also kicking)

Quote Originally Posted by vdktqtvqt View Post
    Hi Silverspoon,

I also experienced the delay as my interview was on 21/1/2016 and CO told me that she will give the outcome by end of January. However, I have not received any update as of now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast