Thread: interim visa

Default interim visa

Hi to All,

I have work visa (open) under smc and will expire on Feb 11 2016. Currently working for 5 months no fixed contract, it is full time, on going, and sustainable. So i lodged my residency last December 29 and still on process. VO contacted me last Jan 22 to confirm my nominal job and that he has started an initial assessment. Then i applied new work visa under essential skills last Jan 29. February 2 received automatic email confirming my work visa application. And on Feb 3 i received an interim visa and at the same time another email stating "online enquiry change status update" but when i open "my application" found nothing in there. What could this probably means? will this email has connection with the issuance of an interim visa? Can i still continue to work with an interim visa?

Conditions of interim visa depends on the type of the previous visa and the visa you're applying for.
    Work (open) ~~~~~ work (employer-specific): visitor i.e. You can't work
    Work (employer-specific) ~~~~~ work (same employer, same job, same region): work- you can work
    Work (employer-specific) ~~~~~ work (employer-specific, any different element): visitor i.e. You can't work
    Work (employer-specific) ~~~~~ work (open): visitor i.e. You can't work
    See this link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/migr...sheets/interim

Online updates are posted by clerks, not the officials working on your case, so sometimes what you see online gets out of phase with the actual situation. I GUESS that you've received the notification that there is something at the time it's gone on the clerks' list to be entered but before it's been inputted. If that's so, it will probably change within the next short time. (There is no way to tell what this is going to be about, before it appears.)

Thank you JandM for your reply. Could you please confirm this also coz im really quite unsure regarding the condition of my interim visa. My current work visa is "work-open" under SMC and and I applied for work visa under essential skills, will my interim visa condition will be work as well??? i just want to be certain about this please...

Your interim visa WON'T allow you to work (as 100k said above, and see the link given in that post). You've applied to go from an open work visa to an employer-specific work visa, that is, a different kind of visa, and in that situation, the interim visa is a visitor's visa. It shouldn't be for very long. Fingers crossed.

Thank you JandM you made it clear to me.

Great news "work visa approved" I can now can continue to work...

That IS good news.

Got great news "residence visa" approved in principle...