Thread: Waiting on Residency approval - current visa runs out soon, what can I do?

Default Waiting on Residency approval - current visa runs out soon, what can I do?

HI there

My current working holiday visa runs out on February 29th and I'm currently waiting to hear back on my application for residency but I'm afraid this will go over the time I have left. Will they be able to put me onto a interim visa while I wait for an answer? If not, what other options do I have? Any help would be much appreciated! Im currently working and if I had to stop and leave the country, it could create some big problems...

Is your residence application under SMC? If so you will need to apply for a further work visa, but if it includes the job offer used for residence then it will be approved without a labour market test. If it's based on relationship, them similarly you should apply for a work visa based on partnership

Yes it is under SMC. I have already submitted my documents since my ITA and they have already taken the fee and given back some other documents. I've been looking into work visas, since I'm doing this as an individual and not through partnership. My job is a graphic designer and I'm currently working full time and the company is not on the accredited employer list. My occupation is also not on the essential skills list in demand. Any thoughts on what other visa I can look into? I don't have much time and my thoughts are that maybe I have to apply for a visitor visa, which will mean I have to stop working until I hear back from immigration about my residency application? Thanks for your help! :-)

No, you get a work visa, under essential skills. as the job offer is part of your SMC application you don't have to worry. Just make sure you lodge the work visa application before your current WHV expires.

Ah yes....I was looking at an old printed document of the employer supplementary form 1113...Section C. (Dated July 2013) Just looked online at the new one and it makes much more sense now and states exactly that. One thing when completing these things is always have the most up to date information! Thanks for your reply anyway, I'll get this done tomorrow. Hopefully all will be sorted before Feb 29th...Thanks

Even if one of the actual visas isn't done by then, once the application for Essential Skills is lodged, INZ will automatically grant you an interim visa if your present one comes to an end, so you will stay legal. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erimvisaqa.htm

does this apply for residence from work visa application if you are on a work to residence visa?
    Thank you

No. Interim visas aren't issued when waiting for Residence.