Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusion

Default Confusion

EOI - July 2015
    ITA- September 2015
    Additional paperwork requested - October 2015 and Nivember 2015
    CO allocated - Jan 7 2016 and employer questionnaire sent the same day.
    Employer response - 13 Jan 2016
    Within a week CO told my LIA that she is recommending approval and the case file went to the second queue.
    After 2 weeks the file was sent back to the CO. It's been in CO's Q since 30 Jan 2016 but she hasn't made any contact yet. I'm starting to get worried now. I'm the partner of SMC applicant and since our work visas were running out we applied for further temp work visa. My partner's online visa was granted within a few days but I'm on interim visa now. INZ call centre told me a few days ago that there was some confusion about my PCC in my work visa application, but then PCC was already submitted last year with residence application. They said the notes are a bit confusing. Does anyone think this could have led the residence file allocated back to the CO. I'm so scared.

Sorry to hear about the muddle, but try to stay calm. There is nothing you can do until INZ tells you exactly what the 2pc has found, and don't forget, whatever it is may be a matter of procedure followed by your CO, and nothing to do with your situation. Nobody here can guess any better than you. But remember, whatever people guess when they're worried tends to be all on the black side. You are people who have already had work visas, and your residence application has gone through an LIA who hasn't noticed anything amiss, so it's likely you have a good case.

Thanks for your wise words. I shall keep the updates posted.

JandM quick question. In the 2pc check, does the second person actually assess the application against what your claims are or is it just a matter of procedure and QC?

Procedure and quality control necessarily includes the reasons the CO thought your claim was justified. The second official wouldn't contact people about your evidence all over again, but definitely looks at the replies given when the CO contacted them to verify each item. If s/he doesn't think some part of the case is adequate, the file can be sent back to the original CO to get extra questions asked.

Thanks JandM, my problems refuse to settle down. My employer assisted work visa ran out today and INZ has still not processed my partnership based work visa application and residence application is still with CO( partner being the main applicant and he has already been granted essential skills within 3 days of application)I'm on interim visa now so if im not wrong, I can not continue working until my visa application is processed right.

JandM my partnership work visa finally got approved yesterday after we received an email from area manager on Thursday that it will be done asap. Waiting too see what happens on the residence front now . Apparently after CO interview, my LIA said that INZ contacted the employer but employer confirmed that no contact has been made. CO responded when my partner asked that by when can we expect a decision and CO said next month and she will now discuss this with a senior.
    Last edited by Shamat; 23rd February 2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Spell check

That's a step in the right direction. Here's hoping for more good news for you soon.

Hi guys- Status changed this morning to " APPROVED"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast