Thread: Job opportunities in marketing in Hamilton for my husband - be honest!! ;-)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Job opportunities in marketing in Hamilton for my husband - be honest!! ;-)

Hello,

I'm looking to come over with my family to live in Cambridge and work in Hamilton as a midwife. I already have a job in NZ. My husband works in Marketing and is currently a group marketing manager. We have a permanent resident visa and we are just waiting to sell our house in the UK.
    The problem is that we have had our house on the market for a number of months and during this time my husband has become more and more unsure about the 'big move' as he is increasingly worried that there are very few suitable jobs out there for him. So much so, he is now trying to persuade me that is would be better to move to Adelaide - stating better job opportunities and better weather as his 2 main points.
    Personally, I love NZ and the people and the general feel of the place - I am not a big city kind of girl! Plus - I hate spiders and snakes!
    I would really like to move to NZ and I guess I am asking you lovely people out there to be honest about job opportunities and prospects for a 40 year old (lovely) marketing chap that's got a good CV and LinkedIn profile! Plus - what's the weather REALLY like!!??!!

Many thanks
    xox

http://www.wunderground.com/nz/hamilton Scroll down towards the bottom left of the screen till you find the Almanac and the square marked 'History'. When you open the calendar, you can go all through the year seeing exactly what different aspects of the weather were actually doing, every DAY if you like. (And you can call up other places around the country, too.)

It is very common for people to get tense when the time to make the move is close.

Honestly?

It depends on whether he is at the right time right place and talking to the right person to get a good job. He must be open minded in his job search. I've known people who can't find a job in Auckland and of people who found one in Hamilton or elsewhere.

One thing you gotta tell him honestly, if he's moving with you to NZ, he gotta accept it and not whine, but make the best out of it. You know, managing expectations.

Migration is not easy. In fact it is very hard especially the older you get. If you come to NZ, then what? And if you don't come, are you going to regret this chance?