Thread: Working Holiday Visa medical question

Default Working Holiday Visa medical question

Hello all.

My sister would love to travel to New Zealand from Korea on a 1 year Working Holiday Visa.

However, last year she had a cancerous tumor removed. She is now fine but is taking a very low dosage chemotherapy drug.

Would this be serious enough to prevent her getting 1 year visa? And is it necessary to disclose this in her application?

Thank you very much.

Normally medicals and xrays are not required for visits of up to 12 months (or over 6 months if you are from a TB country). The online WHV application asks "do you have cancer" , so she may need to declare that. In all probability she would be asked to provide further information, a report from an oncologist as to prognosis and current treatment. If she has her own medication, and is not likely to impose costs on the NZ health system during her stay, her visa may be granted, especially if it can be said she longer has cancer and the tumour has been removed.

Thank you for your help.

The reason I ask this is because I was told by a friend that they had a friend who went to NZ on a working holiday visa and didn't declare they had cancer and were let in. Is that illegal?