Thread: When does 9 months to enter NZ start? Day of AIP or day of stamping?

Default When does 9 months to enter NZ start? Day of AIP or day of stamping?

Dear everyone

I understand that I will be given 9 months to enter NZ if I am granted a residence visa.

Could you please clarify for me, when does this 9 month start?

Is it this date (9 month completion) calculated from the day or AIP or is it from the day of stamping the visa on the passport?

Please help.

It is 12 months. The date is calculated from the date of stamping. The details are also visible in the INZ online page.

Thanks.

Please can you provide me the link?

I am unable to find this specific information in INZ site.

I don't know an INZ link that spells this out exactly, but from everyone's experience shared on here, I can tell you that when you hear you have approval in principle you have six months before you have to send your passport to have the visa label put in, then from the date on the visa, you have a year before you have to present your passport at immigration at the airport upon arrival in NZ.

I couldn't find a link to INZ website but here is a photo of a resident visa granted offshore have a look the 'start date ' on the top left and the 'first entry before' on the top right.
    Haven't got my resident stickers yet but when I got my working holiday visa back in the days it was the exact same it said 12 months for initial entry on the bottom or something along these lines.

Thank you JandM for the info.

So in short, I have maximum of 1 and half years in total to enter NZ from the AIP date. Hope I am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't know an INZ link that spells this out exactly, but from everyone's experience shared on here, I can tell you that when you hear you have approval in principle you have six months before you have to send your passport to have the visa label put in, then from the date on the visa, you have a year before you have to present your passport at immigration at the airport upon arrival in NZ.

Thank you ice for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Thank you JandM for the info.

So in short, I have maximum of 1 and half years in total to enter NZ from the AIP date. Hope I am correct.
    Yes, that's right.