Thread: Partnership Support definitions trouble

Question Partnership Support definitions trouble

Hey peps!

Nice forum! I've been venturing around and have found many useful posts alongside stories of many people in situations similar to that of my partner and I.

I am trying to complete the "Partnership Support" form (INZ 1178) in effort to back my partners application for "New Zealand Residency" and like so many others, I am struggling with a few of the definitions and would welcome the help.

My difficulty is understanding

-Is a passport holding New Zealand citizen, a New Zealand visa holder?
    -Having indicated my own address for A13, should I authorize the blank field to act of my own behalf?
    -What is a persons "country of residence"; the place where they live, or the place where they have permanent residence?

To elaborate

Code:
    A8 Are you a New Zealand residence class visa holder?
    Well I do hold a New Zealand passport so I could potentially hold a visa but I don't think any visa for New Zealand has been added to my passport. I was born in New Zealand so I don't think I need a New Zealand visa, alongside being a citizen.

Code:
    A12 Name and address for communication about this partnership support form
    [/] Same as address at A11, or [] Other
    #####NIL######
    A13 Do you authorize the person stated at A12 to act on your behalf? [] Yes [/] No
    I guess the answer is "no" because I didn't add any point of communication aside from my own as referred to in A11; in A12 and I doubt A13's question is implying that I can waiver my own ability to act on my own behalf.

And most importantly

Code:
    B3 Principal applicant's country of residence
    Code:
    B5 Principal applicant's address
    I guess that since she has not got her New Zealand permanent residency, I can not claim that she resides in New Zealand and should add the address she would go back to if she were to go back to her country of birth?
    It would seem kind of weird to claim another place as her address though.. I'm really stumped on this one.

Posting up any definition sheets very welcome
    The Two Biologists

Its easy to overthink these questions, Ive been there

A8 Are you a New Zealand residence class visa holder?
    No you can't hold a NZ residence class visa as a NZ citizen so (NO).

but on the very first question

Are you a New Zealand citizen, or the holder of a New Zealand residence class visa, or the holder of a valid Australian passport?
    (YES) and further down at "country of citizenships" you put down your citizenship/s that is New Zealand and maybe another one if thats the case.

A12 Name and address for communication about this partnership support form
    [/] Same as address at A11, or [] Other
    #####NIL######
    A13 Do you authorize the person stated at A12 to act on your behalf? [] Yes [/] No
    Well since you selected "Same as address at A11" A12 doesn't apply to you so you can leave A13 blank or just put (NO) like you did.

B3 Principal applicant's country of residence
    Immigration status has nothing to do with this question, you and her are residing in New Zealand so thats what you have to put down .

Good luck
    Last edited by ice; 11th February 2016 at 09:11 PM.

Thank you so much